cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With New Phone

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I recently got my Doogee X95 that I ordered from AliExpress. When I first checked if it was compatible with public mobile everything said yes. Now that I got it I can't get a signal. Network compatibility websites no longer list it as having most bands for Canada. Says it only has band 7 for LTE in Canada. Would it still work even with just one LTE band? If not wasn't a total loss on a $80 phone

27 REPLIES 27

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tehowennathe, that's pretty cool that you picked up a Doogee X95 for $80 and on Amazon.ca it's $215! 

Network frequencies at Public Mobile are

  • HSPA: 850 MHz and 1900 MHz frequencies
  • LTE: 1700/2100 MHz (AWS)
  • LTE Advanced (LTE-a): 2600 MHz and 700 MHz

Doogee X95

  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

So, me think, it may not work. Although, because your phone only says GSM. Nothing for HSPA. But, the description on the phone does say LTE. Global Dual SIM LTE. 

Okay, am not much help here. I'll shut-up now!

@mpcdesign GSM (2G) is not the same as HSPA (3G). Your frequencies correlate but not the technology... PM does not support any GSM (2G)

The one I see on Amazon says these specs.

Screenshot_20200714_012323.jpg

Another site says this

Screenshot_20200714_012404.jpg

 


@mpcdesign wrote:

@tehowennathe, that's pretty cool that you picked up a Doogee X95 for $80 and on Amazon.ca it's $215! 

Network frequencies at Public Mobile are

  • HSPA: 850 MHz and 1900 MHz frequencies
  • LTE: 1700/2100 MHz (AWS)
  • LTE Advanced (LTE-a): 2600 MHz and 700 MHz

Doogee X95

  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

The GSM specs don't meant that the phone doesn't have HSPA, but as you now know, these don't mean anything for Public Mobile.

 

For LTE, Public Mobile uses more frequencies than that.

 

As for the Amazon.ca price, that's a third-party seller selling that and the shipment isn't even being handed by Amazon. I know that that the Amazon A-Z guarantee might be worth something, but for that price, you may as well order from that seller's website directly, or from other sellers, likely for a much lower price. 


@Jb456 wrote:

The one I see on Amazon says these specs.

Another site says this

 


kimovil is wrong off the bat anyway as there's no 2G here.

Not sure why doogee themselves can't bring themselves to list all the specs leaving it to the sellers. Sigh.


@z10user4 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

The one I see on Amazon says these specs.

Another site says this

 


kimovil is wrong off the bat anyway as there's no 2G here.

Not sure why doogee themselves can't bring themselves to list all the specs leaving it to the sellers. Sigh.


That screenshot from is showing technolgies and frequencies for all of Canada. Public Mobile also does not use band 4 for 3g (but some other carriers do).  I do understand the point though that this source is saying that there will be no voice service at Public Mobile with this phone model.


@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

The one I see on Amazon says these specs.

Another site says this

 


kimovil is wrong off the bat anyway as there's no 2G here.

Not sure why doogee themselves can't bring themselves to list all the specs leaving it to the sellers. Sigh.


That screenshot from is showing technolgies and frequencies for all of Canada. Public Mobile also does not use band 4 for 3g (but some other carriers do).  I do understand the point though that this source is saying that there will be no voice service at Public Mobile with this phone model.


But then the reader would have to know that talk is only on 3G.

It can certainly be confusing when GSM is often mentioned in those kinds of international ad listings but then they might say that it would work with the likes of AT&T and such and not CDMA like they say for Verizon...which would then imply that it would work here.

@tehowennathe unfortunately I just went to their website and they use bands 1 and 8 for 3g. which is 900mhz and 2100mhz so talk will not work on this device. sorry

 

SIM CardDual SIM Cards Standby
Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / Nano- SIM +TF Card
    2GGSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G3G:B1/B8
    4G4G:B1/3/7/8/20

 

pm frequencies.jpeg

Sorry @tehowennathe however, all is not lost. you can still use the phone as a homephone. Add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. Stay safe. 

 

Do you have the chat on Aliexpress where you asked if this phone is compatible with Public Mobile? I would open a ticket and ask for a refund or at least a partial refund since the phone isn't as promised. 

@gblackma 

A new phone is needed. It pretty much is lost if the phone isn't able to do Public 3g. That means no calls. Data and text will barely work on LTE band 7.  And if using wi-fi only, there's no reason to pay Public.