cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a max reward allowed?

Alexxja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering what happens if your rewards are greater than your bill? I have the lowest plan for 15$... so say I refer 4 friends this month @5$ each or 6 months, will I have a credit on my account for the balance or will it top off at 15$ and I'll lose the rest? Do i need to increase my plan to make it worthwhile? 

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

Alexxja

Oh that's good to know. Thanks for specifying!

I assume you are mostly just wanting to know that your rewards can be higher than plan cost without losing the extra funds. Correct, I can attest to this.

Your example isn’t actually correct because you mention getting 4 friends activated this month thus receiving $20 in credits for first 6 months (plus Autopay discount, plus 4x$1 regular reward for 4 referrals). But, there is a limit of one bonus referral so you will only receive $5 extra referral credit for the first 6 months. Not sure why they put this limitation in place but they did. You still get the $1/30 day reward for everyone for as many months or years as they remain with Public Mobile.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alexxja : There are rewards and there are credits. If you checked the box for autopay at activation then you'll get a $2 credit. If you put in a referral code then you'll get a $10 credit. That $5x6 will be a credit.

The rewards get converted into your balance at renewal. The same as carrying a balance however it got there...the plan cost will get taken out leaving whatever if anything behind. If not enough to pay the plan cost then it would go to any set up autopay.

_Officially_...the rewards max out at the plan cost. But it doesn't make any sense to do that with all the additions into the balance from either credits or rewards. And this goes especially for referrals. Why penalize the customer getting all the referrals that is bringing in new business for the company.

But of course this is subject to change at any time without notice.

Alexxja

Awesome, thank you so much! One more reason why Public Mobile rocks!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Alexxja wrote:

I was wondering what happens if your rewards are greater than your bill? I have the lowest plan for 15$... so say I refer 4 friends this month @5$ each or 6 months, will I have a credit on my account for the balance or will it top off at 15$ and I'll lose the rest? Do i need to increase my plan to make it worthwhile? 

Thanks for your help!

@Alexxja  - if your rewards are $16 upon renewal for a $15 plan, than that $1 will be added to your Available Funds area that can be used on future renewals or addons. And it can continue to build if you are always over.

That is unofficial though, but that is what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.