cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the data on the $120/12GB plan 3G or LTE?

KcyKcyKcy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the 

$120 per 90 Days
  • This plan includes:
  • 12GB Data
  • Unlimited International Text
  • Unlimited Provincial Talk

Plan from a few years back, is this data at 3G speed or LTE?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alireja wrote:

The easiest way would be using an online speed test tool to identify your internet speed. 3G is usually capped at 3Mb per second while LTE usually goes around 30-50 Mb/s. 

Please keep in mind that all speed test tools will download/upload some dummy files to identify your speed, so it will consume your internet.

@Alireja yeah this test is 100% not required.  The 2016 Fall Promo plan (the $120/12 GB 90 day plan the OP mentioned) was LTE-only.  Also, you can check without using up potentially hundreds of MB of data (per speed test) by signing into your self-serve account and looking at the plan description.  If the data line says "at 3G speed", you've got a throttled 3Mbps plan; otherwise you have the full, un-throttled plan.  How to tell data plan speed

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alireja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The easiest way would be using an online speed test tool to identify your internet speed. 3G is usually capped at 3Mb per second while LTE usually goes around 30-50 Mb/s. 

Please keep in mind that all speed test tools will download/upload some dummy files to identify your speed, so it will consume your internet.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@KcyKcyKcy wrote:

I have the 

$120 per 90 Days
  • This plan includes:
  • 12GB Data
  • Unlimited International Text
  • Unlimited Provincial Talk

Plan from a few years back, is this data at 3G speed or LTE?

It is LTE. No 3g plans few years back.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Based on what I could find (see this thread), it's LTE if grandfathered from 2016/2017:

"There was one in fall 2016, that was LTE."

"grandfathered plans like yours are LTE. If a plan is LTE light (aka "3G speeds") it says "3G" in the plan description."

Maybe check your plan description to see if it says 3G. If not, you have LTE. You can also run a speed test.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.