cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the $15/month 3G plan unlimited minutes?

TheTechRobo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Tuesday, I bought the $15/month 3G plan (here) . On the website it says that it has "unlimited Canada-wide minutes", but on the self-serve page it shows "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Is this intentional or a mistake? (Or did I sign up for the plan just a few days too early?)

43 REPLIES 43

@TheTechRobo 

it's been confusing for several months now...but only 100 Outgoing minutes...Unlimited Incoming.

mins.png

@TheTechRobo    You can view the unlimited incoming mins component in thie $15 plan yourself by selecting (for a few minutes) Change Plan at Next Renewal if you're on the $15 plan.  Then the  $15 plan is available to view with the correct plan details which seem, for whatever reason, missing elsewhere.  Just make sure to cancel the plan change immediately after.  

edit:  as to the official Plans page showing unlimited minutes for this plan, yeah seems like a poorly planned April fool's joke but I do think PM should honour this plan for any new customers activating with this plan.

TheTechRobo

@softechRight, that makes sense. My current problem with this is that it is said nowhere, except (according to you - as I am currently on the $15 plan, I cannot verify this) the Change Plan page if you are on a different plan. In my case, as I am currently on that plan, it doesn't show that at all. See my screenshot for that.

If there are indeed 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming minutes, that sounds great. But it needs to be shown everywhere; the blanket "unlimited" on the plan list is not good IMO and the dashboard doesn't specify that the 100 minute maximum is for outgoing calls only.

@TheTechRobo   no worry, the unlimited outgoing minutes is included, just not show there.  Many complained why  it not showing but we are certain

I got my screenshot from Change Plan.  I have a non $15 plan , so< i have a choice of the $15 plan and it shows there clearly that has unlimited incoming included.  

of course, if you don't feel comfotable,, you can open a ticket with PM support to confirm. 

But again, unlimited incoming is part of the $15 plan  🙂

TheTechRobo

@softechI don't see that. On the plans page, nowhere does it say that "unlimited" applies to incoming calls only; the fact that it's only 100 outgoing minutes also isn't mentioned.

Not even under Offer Details:

(Ignore the lines in the screenshot, I'm not sure how to fix that)

TheTechRobo_0-1680304911334.png

on the Plan & Add-Ons page in My Account, I see this:

No mention of any unlimited outgoing minutes.

I don't realistically need more than 100 minutes, but either the website or the plan needs to change. They both have differing information.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Interesting, would be a really nice change to the plan from the old 100 minutes to unlimited, but I'd lean towards it being yet another website issue.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@TheTechRobo wrote:

On Tuesday, I bought the $15/month 3G plan (here) . On the website it says that it has "unlimited Canada-wide minutes", but on the self-serve page it shows "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk". Is this intentional or a mistake? (Or did I sign up for the plan just a few days too early?)

@TheTechRobo , I am asking a CSA about it & I will let you know what I find out. You signed up for the plan you showed us so I feel PM should honour it for you. I’m hoping they will. Send them a support ticket please.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.
  2. Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   I also checked Lucky and Chatr  and hope we have some help from the competitors.

No the same $15 plan everywhere  😞  Back to reality

@softech , it’s unfair to show us something then say … just kidding, April fools! 🤣

@LitlLdy   I also checked Lucky and Chatr  and hope we have some help from the competitors.

No the same $15 plan everywhere  😞  Back to reality

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@softech , I just looked on the website & Public Mobile made a huge error!

IMG_0074.png

@LitlLdy   I thought PM upgraded the $15 plan, but from My Account's change plan page, the $15 still has only 100 Canada-wide minute.  😞

@J_PM can you confirm if any changes with $15 plan? or fix it if it was just an error?  thanks

@softech , I wish! I looked on my account also at change plan but nope same old plan  😥

Edit: I got excited for nothing! If PM doesn’t honour that plan change posted… new Customers that sign up are going to be very upset! 😕

@LitlLdy wrote:

IMG_0074.png

@LitlLdy   I thought PM upgraded the $15 plan, but from My Account's change plan page, the $15 still has only 100 Canada-wide minute.  😞

@J_PM can you confirm if any changes with $15 plan? or fix it if it was just an error?  thanks

IMG_0074.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TheTechRobo   for $15 plan, it is only  unlimited incoming minutes. 

For outgoing, it is only 100 minutes.  Please note checking voicemail from your phone also counted towards the outgoing minutes.  You can save the minute by check voicemail from another phone. 

softech_0-1677630978769.png

Need Help? Let's chat.