cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having trouble with data on the new $13 plan? (Also question about 3G network)

Jethro82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a phone die days before I changed my plans.  I bought a new cheap phone that doesn't support 4G/LTE at all.  On the $13 plan I'm not getting any data at all.  the 250MB appears on my account but I can't send MMS at all or use the internet while off WiFi.  My first question is is this common on the $13 plan?  If it's not my second question is this: does Telus's 3G network support data(3G networks in general do)?

6 REPLIES 6

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Data over 3g should be fine

The frequencies that Telus is using are hspa 850 and 1900.

Would you have an access to a friend's phone that's known to work on Telus Koodo or pm just to test it

I had a similar problem but that was tied to lg phones which don't have correct table of some sort so good luck setting it up. Finally I had to contact support and they pushed the config files for me and everything works like charm.

I suggest you first test your sim to make sure it's not account or sim related and if it works someplace else contact mods to help you set it up

You will j have to give them make model and IMEI of your device. You can reach them at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Brace yourself wait time is long these days

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jethro82 wrote:

I had a phone die days before I changed my plans.  I bought a new cheap phone that doesn't support 4G/LTE at all.  On the $13 plan I'm not getting any data at all.  the 250MB appears on my account but I can't send MMS at all or use the internet while off WiFi.  My first question is is this common on the $13 plan?  If it's not my second question is this: does Telus's 3G network support data(3G networks in general do)?

Do you see your data line in your overview page, if not, then you have used up all your data.

However, you don't need data to send/receive MMS, but you do have to have your data enabled.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Jethro82Telus 3G supports data.. however you need a phone that uses Telus 3G or LTE bands to access those services.. You cannot send MMS without data bands, or data enabled.

Jethro82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A Sky Pro Selfie

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What phone do you have? it could be that your phone isn't compatible with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.