cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody getting this Spam?

Oldgringo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK I got the answer I needed..you all can quit posting thanks. 

17 REPLIES 17

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are right

I did it... just the option was not highlighted but I found it

Hope that helps 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yen : Anybody can sign up. Anybody can see a list of usernames either from "Users Online or "Recent signins" or "Please welcome our newest community members". Once signed up, anybody can send a pm to any username.

I suppose in this case the company could frequently scan for this specific spam now but otherwise they can't know that something is spam to begin with. So report it. It's simply whack-a-mole though as spammers can be persistent.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@yen wrote:

I got this one today again from Realityysz

It seems there is a list of new people, having access to us and sending suspicious emails. 

How come this people are not kicked out by the company?

This is clearly fraud.

Realityysz   
You wanted a reward? You were lucky to win a luxury brand new iPhone 12. Hurry up!
Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12! You can participate today! Enter now  ... and bla bla bla

@yen Did you report the user to the moderators by clicking the "report" link bottom left of message? Unless people do that how would PM know here is a problem?

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got this one today again from Realityysz

It seems there is a list of new people, having access to us and sending suspicious emails. 

How come this people are not kicked out by the company?

This is clearly fraud.

Realityysz   
You wanted a reward? You were lucky to win a luxury brand new iPhone 12. Hurry up!
Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12! You can participate today! Enter now  ... and bla bla bla

@Rosie2 wrote:

I have also received 3 or 4 of these message as well.  However, when I access my Private messages in Public Mobile Community site, I see these messages there as well.  Are they spam, or are they legitimate?  

@Rosie2 If someone is offering you a prize by private message it is spam. click report link on bottom left of message, enter spam as reason, then delete.

Rosie2

I have also received 3 or 4 of these message as well.  However, when I access my Private messages in Public Mobile Community site, I see these messages there as well.  Are they spam, or are they legitimate?  

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've gotten 3 or 4 now. 

pwwbear

Yes. Constantly. I keep reporting it, and keep getting it. 

@esjliv  I know about the Report content here, but had never noticed that feature in Private Messages. 🙈 Must have been close to nap time? 

Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 9.32.17 PM.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

loganjmenzies
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

unfortunately spam is very common, it is recommended that you report it immediately to notify everyone else and to avoid this from happening in the future 

LM

Colleen_O

Yes, I have received two through Private Messages in my Community account: one yesterday and one this morning.

This is what I got:

Dragonflyz
3 hours ago

Do you want a surprise? This is your lucky moment to win a beautiful brand new Apple iPhone 12. Participate in competition!
Hi! We are giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro! You can take part today! Enter now (Link provided) and complete easy sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Good luck!

Pockyss
yesterday
Do you like a bonus? This is your lucky moment to win a luxury brand new iPhone 12 Pro. Get it now!
Hi! We are giveaway a brand new iPhone 12! You can take part today! Go here (Link provided) and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Good luck!

CanadianStoner

I have been receiving them also. The moderator team is aware, just keep reporting in hopes they can figure it out. It's frustrating when it's coming to my email from PM. So many folks not aware of that will be clicking the link, very sad.

Oldgringo

OK thank you I figured as much..I have now reported the 2 emails. I have been very happy with Public mobile and was surprised by the spam email that said it was coming from the PB community.

karen-hurst

yes I have gotten 1 today and 1 yesturday.  I am just reporting and deleting.  It is some sort of phishing scam

Rosie2

I received it too.  And I was also wondering if it is spam or not?

jtetre4

Sounds like a scam to me. I've gotten that email from 2 different "people". Anything that tells you to click a link in an email then sign in with your account is phishing. I would stay far away. Jazmine. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Oldgringo ,

SPAM. Yes, there has been some of this going around.

Report it by hitting the Report button.

Do not click on the links.

Need Help? Let's chat.