cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ireland

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello beautiful PM’ers.  Been a while!

Ireland (Republic of) bound. I know PM doesn’t work outside Canada/US so any specific advice on how to use my PM tel # over there?

I know other posts about Europe but I find it information overload when searching).

additional info: iPhone, approximately 2 weeks.

keep being you!

5 REPLIES 5

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

You can use your PM number any where with wifi for iMessage or FaceTime if you have an iPhone. 

Am I the only one that finds iMessage sometimes doesn't work on wifi?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You can use your PM number any where with wifi for iMessage or FaceTime if you have an iPhone. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rossputin   

First advise, get local SIM.  I used Three (3) network before.

And you want to receive incoming calls? Get VoIP app TextNow. You will get to pick a local Canadian 10 digits number when you join.  Forward your PM number over before you go for the trip.  Your friends will then able to call your PM number and you will receive those calls on your TextNow (as long as you have Mobile Data or Wifi0

For outgoing, of course, you can use your TextNow to call back home (or even US) for free

Text, unfortunately there is nothing you can do.  Actually, there are ways to forward text but I think quiet some effort, not worth it.  Just give your friend the Textnow number and you will receive your text.

2FA is another trouble one.  Your TextNow won't receive 2FA code (unless you pay a fee, not cheap).  So, change 2FA for all the important services (bank, email...)  before you go.  Change them to email (easy but not good choice), or voice call to your PM number (it will still work as you have forwarded your incoming calls to TextNow).  But the best method is to use Authenticator App if the services allow that.

Lastly, forget Canada  bain sult as do thuras 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin 

You can download WhatsApp and use your PM number through wifi for free calling and texting.

The only other option is to purchase a local SIM in Ireland but you will be assigned an Ireland number.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @rossputin 

Don't believe there is any way to use your PM# while in Ireland.

Need Help? Let's chat.