cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone hot spot is not working

xy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My iphone hotspot worked before, now the public mobile shut it off and wants me to contact them, but there's no one I could contact to solve my problem, I am getting sick of this.  I will have to change to other service provider tomorrow if there's no one can help. 

30 REPLIES 30

@Subarlou57 wrote:

Hello 

@Subarlou57   Yes, your post shows

Some other suggestion if rebooting the phone didn't help

1. Try to reset the network settings

2.  To to reseat the sim card.  Turn off the phone, remove the sim for a minute before you put it back in and setup Hotspot again

Add:

3. Check APN, go Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network -> PERSONAL HOTSPOT / APN -> sp.mb.com , and  Leave Username and Password blank.

Subarlou57

iPhone 8.  Lots of data

Ooo joyspot...where's that? 🙂

That's odd. Hotspot should work fine. See if any Apple type folks chime in.

Subarlou57

Hello 

@Subarlou57  Yes, the picture shows

PM does not block Wifi hotspot, so, it is a phone settings to check

Try to reboot the phone once, this is common to iPhone that a reboot is required to set the hotspot working

Subarlou57

Do you see the picture???

Subarlou57

2E450DDC-D5DE-442A-A3ED-663E9E9B194F.png

Subarlou57

The error come up and tells me to contact Puclic to set up my joyspot

@Subarlou57 wrote:

I have the same problum

@Subarlou57  hotspot not working?

what kind of phone do you have? Android? iPhone?

Did you check if you still have data on My Account (Please use Incognito mode to login to My Account)

And what you have you done so far to troubleshoot?  PM does not block hotspot, so, it would be a local device setup issue

Subarlou57

I have the same problum

@jinyuji wrote:

YES, PM DID BLOCKED THE HOT SPOT, WHICH WORKED BEFORE BUT NOT NOW.  I met the same problem. 

@jinyuji   NO, PM never block hotspot

Check if APN was changed, it could happen

Check if dun is in the APN type field

@jinyuji- Someone used the hotspot on my phone yesterday to do a whatsapp call.

What is the APN setting on your phone?

jinyuji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

YES, PM DID BLOCKED THE HOT SPOT, WHICH WORKED BEFORE BUT NOT NOW.  I met the same problem. 

jinyuji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem for my iphone.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@xy1 - how could (or why, is the better question) public mobile turn off your hotspot ability? 

Public Mobile hasn't disabled hotspot ability. This is a phone software issue.

I realize that @computergeek541 , that is why I was asking the question of why OP would be asking that. 🙂

@xy1 wrote:

Thank you for your suggestions, the public mobile staff told me that they can shut off your hotspot anytime as their wish.

@xy1    PM does not block hotspot .  I think all PM staff telling you is that they could , which all provider could if they want to.   While most providers do not block hotspot, they do not like that and  they never support the use of Hotspot.    Bottom line is, PM does not block hotspot and it is just your device not setting up correctly for hotspot

Yes, you are not happy you cannot use hotpot at the moment, but it is strictly a device setting issue.If you do not get to the bottom of it, you will end up with the same issue at any other provider

Can you give us a screenshot from your overview page showing you have 1.9GB?  You have mentioned it many times, but would love to see a screenshot confirming that

Also, your phone is working well with data itself when hotspot is turned off? and your phone is working well as well when hotspot is enabled (I meant the phone giving out the hotspot, not other phones connected to the hotspot phone)

And can you send us a screenshot of the current APN?   

It happened before, people got the correct APN setup and Mobile data working.  But somehow the system changed it (maybe from OS upgrade or an unknown network reset ) and APN got changed and data stopped working.  It could happen to you as well, your APN got changed and hence hotspot stopped working

And did you check if your Mobile data app setting or data limit got changed?  If you are on Android, it could be that you set a Data limit on the device and you are at that limit now.    It could also be you have set Mobile data to monitor the cycle start and it is not on the wrong cycle start date, it may stop your data usage when this wrong cycle start date together  with a mobile data limit 

Again, you need to find it why your hotspot stop.  It is not because of PM in any way.  If you do not fix it , you will end up with the same problem with any other provider.  Changing provider is definitely not your solution

xy1

Thank you for your suggestions, the public mobile staff told me that they can shut off your hotspot anytime as their wish.  On my hotspot it just said I need to contact the public mobile, (still have 1.9g data left on my plan).  I tried every means to have someone to give me an answer, so far I still don't.  Today I will have to cancel this service provider.

@esjliv wrote:

@xy1 - how could (or why, is the better question) public mobile turn off your hotspot ability? 

If you are showing data left under your overview section on your self serve account, then can you try your SIM card into another phone and try hotspotting with that phone?

If you cannot use any data at all, with data remaining on your plan, try:

• toggling into airplane mode for a minute, then back to regular mode
  • perform a reset of the phone's network settings
  • check for outages:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Public Mobile hasn't disabled hotspot ability. This is a phone software issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If you are showing data left under your overview section on your self serve account, then can you try your SIM card into another phone and try hotspotting with that phone?

If you cannot use any data at all, with data remaining on your plan, try:

• toggling into airplane mode for a minute, then back to regular mode
  • perform a reset of the phone's network settings
  • check for outages:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Can you use your Safari to browse the internet? That would indicate that you have data to use. Turn off wifi, turn on cellular data, browse to a site you wouldn't normally go to - does it get there?

xy1

Thank you for your help, I just submitted a ticket, hope I get it this over today.

xy1

thank you for your suggestions, 1.9G left as I checked.  

I don't know why they taken off my hotspot usage right, it said on my iphone I need to contact the public mobile.  I spent so much time to try to solve this problem.

Hi @xy1   there is no restriction with hotspot in PM

did you login to My Account and confirm you still have 2.5GB data there?  check if you see any line about data in My Data & Add-ons on  the Overview page

and , the way to engage PM CS Agent is via opening ticket, they might invite you for a webchat to sort out the issue:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

xy1

Thank you for your suggestions, they just shut down my hot spot some one who told me yesterday but she couldn't do anything as she was the sales person who has no authorization to get into the system to help.  I also sent private message to someone in the public mobile in the community but no answer.  So I will stop to use their service and change to a new one tomorrow.

xy1

I still have 2.5g data, they just shut off my hotspot and wanted me to contact them.  The point is no one I could talk to, I spent my entire morning to try to contact someone in the public mobile, but no one, I will try to change my phone service provider tomorrow.

xy1

I have tried everything possible, including taken out the sim card and reboot, I still have 2.5g data.  They just shut off my hotspot and wanted me to contact the public mobile, I tried every means to contact someone to solve this problem including all numbers ( retail store, their service numbers....etc) I could call. but no one can solve it.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@xy1 hello this can be a very hard place to move around for sure public won't shut down your hotspot is your data working do you have any left? check in your self serve under data and add ons if there is no line for data it's all used up  if you need to talk to someone 

1. hi you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you saying you ran out of data and they stopped providing data? It's a prepaid service. If you need more data before your renewal, you will need to buy an add-on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@xy1 , Public Mobile does not prevent customers from running hotspots on their phone.  Please check your phone settings.  Maybe try a reboot.  Check also the data consumption on the account.  Data may be completely consumed for the cycle.  If you need to reach out to support, click on the chatbot link in the bottom of the web page to initiate a support ticket.  

xy1

It is very disgusting service provider, they just shut off my hotspot and I couldn't find anyone, not a single human being can talk to.  They put me on a robot conversation, I spend hours to find someone to solve the problem but none I could find.  It's very disgusting company.

Need Help? Let's chat.