cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad texting and calling

sml1549
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does public mobile allow for iMessages to my phone number to appear on my ipad? Can calls ring on my ipad?

im referring to an ipad thats on the same icloud account nearby to my iphone that son the public mobile network.

7 REPLIES 7

@sml1549 wrote:

Thanks!

what about calls? Can i have the calls to my public mobile number ring on my ipad?

@sml1549 

NO!

BCW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On your iphone go to settings/cellular make sure calls on other device for your ipad is on.

My wife uses it all the time,works fine.

sml1549
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

what about calls? Can i have the calls to my public mobile number ring on my ipad?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

It works on our iPhones 8+ and Xs to an older iMac 2010 and MacBook 2011 and iPad Air. Android texts and Apple Texts/iMessages. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/ipad/ipad70482978/ipados

And, yes, based on the include account.  

It is an apple function....not Public Mobile. 

The only hitch is....texting to an android and attaching a PIC...you must do from your phone (with DATA on). 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sml1549 

Yes you can. Send and receive texts using Public Mobile network and "can" be set up to show, and receive  on iPad, MacBook and iMac. Give me a minute and will send you a link.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If it's a cellular ipad and you put the sim in it, yes. x2. iMessages can be sent and received between idevices while on the internet. I'll leave the details of how they might interconnect to those that know Apple.

Adding - looks like someone knows more about apple.nvm

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@sml1549 

yes you can get SMS iMessages to ipad for same apple id on two device but for the call can't receive in ipad.

Need Help? Let's chat.