cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text not sending /received

bobby123456
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm in Canada and am trying to reach my family in Poland, but they don't receive my texts, and I don't get theirs. It used to work in September 2021. 

I tested the same process with a different phone (Rogers), and it worked fine. Is there any knows issues with Poland? Am I doing something wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- Review the subject line and of course the body. 🙂

OH yes, OP is having issues with TEXTs, not calls, oops Sorry!  🙄   

Thanks @dust2dust   

How long has the Public Mobile phone not been able to send/receive texts from/to Poland? Was thinking it was a network issue with Poland, but I called Warsaw successfully, so nope, not that.

Can you try your Public Mobile SIM card into the Rogers phone to text texting? Curious of that works.

Perhaps try a reset of your device's network settings. I dunno really, but it is worth a shot.

@esjliv- Review the subject line and of course the body. 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bobby123456 - have you checked if you have calling minutes left on your International Addon (which would be needed to call Poland) ?

If you do not see the addon listed in your account, then it was all used up, and you will need to purchase another one.

edit, above not applicable

Anyone else notice, our Self Serve account under addons do not list the International countries any longer? That is too bad.

edit, and by the above statement, I meant, it does list the countries under the 300 International Long Distance Minutes. 

esjliv_0-1658609402049.png

Using the 1 in front will not help getting to Poland.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@bobby123456 

in front of area code add 1 or +1 , like call to somewhere has a code 0046xxxxxxxxxx then you remove the zero 

+146xxxxxxxx or 146xxxxxxxx
and if sending a photo MMS you need to turn on your mobile data.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bobby123456  

When you have trouble sending or receiving SMS, it's possible that setting network to 3G and ”forcing" change of your SMS settings may solve the issue.  

1. Go to Settings
  2. Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo
  3. When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.
  4. Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you used the same country.area codes before number and it worked with Rogers then it could be PM issue.

Contact agent for clarification as if Rogers works, PM should too.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

HWL888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is weird because it used to work back in September 2021. Not sure if there is some issue in Poland.

You should use the SIMon help function and ask to speak directly to an agent. They might be able to answer and and resolve your question. 

Need Help? Let's chat.