Did you mean: 

International text messages

collettelaetiti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently upgrated my monthly plan to the $50/month one including :

• - 10.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

However, when I try sending text messages, I get a message from public mobile saying : sorry, your plan does not include the option to send text messages from the USA. Incoming texts included.

Is this normal? I thought I would be able to send and receive texts messages. Plus I'm not even in the US... I'm in Canada but really close to the borders which makes my phone think I'm in the US when I'm not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@collettelaetiti 

This happens a lot on border towns. The stronger signal will connect to your phone so go to Cellular Selection, disable Automatic then selected PM.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It is annoying when they think you are in the US when you are are near the border, I remember years ago getting dinged for roaming and it was like pulling teeth to get the charges removed explaining I was few km from the border. That wouldn't happen with PM but hopefully selecting the PM network is an easy fix for this otherwise I would escalate it with a CSA

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@collettelaetiti wrote:

I recently upgrated my monthly plan to the $50/month one including :

• - 10.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

However, when I try sending text messages, I get a message from public mobile saying : sorry, your plan does not include the option to send text messages from the USA. Incoming texts included.

Is this normal? I thought I would be able to send and receive texts messages. Plus I'm not even in the US... I'm in Canada but really close to the borders which makes my phone think I'm in the US when I'm not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try manually selecting Public Mobile rather than AT&T ot T-Mobile.

Without a roaming add-on, you can't send texts from US. Only can send texts while in Canada without that add-on for use in USA. (You can usually recieve texts while in US, but you can't send texts)

Need Help? Let's chat.