cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling add-on :refund required

Flashdance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I purchased the INTERNATIONAL add on, only to discover after pruchase that there are only a few countries that can be called using that add on. It is not spelled out clearly when purchasing, and of course one assumes that INTERNATIONAL means...well...INTERNATIONAL.

How do I undo this purchase?

Second question: how can I call a country in the Carbbean (Grenada)?

19 REPLIES 19

@Flashdance wrote:

There is a very substantialifference between a brain less search of a dictionary definition on line and the LEGAL consquences of that same words.

When you are older and wiser, you MIGHT learn that. I predict that it will be a costly lesson for you.

Remember this....let it haunt your memory. LOL

Logging out now. Additional replies will not be read, little one.

It is unfortunate that you misunderstood the addon you purchased, it does happen.  It is stated what countries you can call with the $15 addon.  The demeaning posts to members trying to help you are totally uncalled for.  Please pursue this with a legal case I am interested to see what Lawyer would even take this case when it is clearly stated what the addon allows you to call.  Now for someone so sure that this is a fraud and seems to be much older and wiser than others here (by your own words), I would have expected a more respectful dialogue with the people trying to help you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Flashdance wrote:

There is a very substantialifference between a brain less search of a dictionary definition on line and the LEGAL consquences of that same words.

When you are older and wiser, you MIGHT learn that. I predict that it will be a costly lesson for you.

@Flashdance  It helps if you use @GinYVR or @hairbag1  etc...when replying to a particular response. When you spend a little more time on the community and learn how this forum and how public mobile works and how to read what is and isn't included in a plan or add on. When it comes to LEGAL I suggest you read both the community and public mobiles terms of service. It is under "legal" on the main page. As you well know....this has already been a costly lesson ($15) for you. Older and wiser not withstanding.

Flashdance

@Flashdance wrote:

I verifyied again and 10 minutes later, no one has replied. I did send a reply indicating that I had verified.

Please be patient. As has already been suggested...PM philosophy is no refunds, especially when customer errs. The moderators might help but it'll take a bit to verify who they're dealing with (you). It's not uncommon to be 24 to 48 hours before they respond...so be patient.

@FlashdancePublic Mobile being the lowest tier of the Telus corporation.. customer service takes a while. I would give it a day or 2 for moderators to reply.

Flashdance

I verifyied again and 10 minutes later, no one has replied. I did send a reply indicating that I had verified.

@Flashdance wrote:

I received an email from a moderator, indicating that I needed to verify myself (why? I have no idea...as I am already logged in)

When I clicked on the verify link, it said Link expired.

repeated requests to the mod have resulted in no reply back to me.

Create at ticket via Simon (?) again stating the contact issues your having and quote your original tkt ref#. Alternatively respond to the moderator via private message to verify you will need to give them your email for your account, acct #, pin code and password and phone number.

Flashdance

I received an email from a moderator, indicating that I needed to verify myself (why? I have no idea...as I am already logged in)

When I clicked on the verify link, it said Link expired.

repeated requests to the mod have resulted in no reply back to me.

@Flashdance wrote:

Nope. A refund is required. INTERNATIONAL has legal meaning...it means INTERNATIONAL.

Does the word FRAUD have meaning at PM?

Seriously.

None of us other customers likes when another customer is unhappy. Other members can only tell you who to talk to, why it didn't work, and other ways to make calls to the location that you're trying.

@FlashdanceInternational : of, relating to, or affecting two or more nations

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/international

I thought it is quite clear

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 11.08.57 AM.png

@Flashdance wrote:

Nope. A refund is required. INTERNATIONAL has legal meaning...it means INTERNATIONAL.

Seriously.

@Flashdance  I suggested in the future before you purchase an add on you read the terms....it does clearly state the limited number of countries the international calling add on is available to call. By all means contact the moderators and ask for a refund (it takes about a month or so if approved. A credit will be faster if that matters to you.  

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.
$15

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Flashdance wrote:

Seriously.

We are PM customers as you.  Only moderator can access to your account.  Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right hand bottom coren of this page to ask for refund.  YMMV.

Flashdance

Seriously.

@GinYVR wrote:

@FlashdanceOnly moderators can deal with refund issue so click on the ? and chat with SIMon once it understands, type submit ticket.

If you want to seemlessly (without calling card) to call Grenada you will need to upgrade to Koodo. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/long-distance-calling

It costs $1/minute.

@Flashdance  I don't think changing to koodo especially  at $1 a minute to call Grenada is practical. Just go to your local convenience store and peruse the calling cards you'll find one that has a good rate to call Grenada. Likely for $0.5 or less a minute. I wouldn't waste the moderators or your time asking for a refund it probably not going to be granted. The add on won't expire and you may use it in the future. You'll know it's on your account ready if you need it or for a friend/family member to use if necessary.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

On top of my pm account I have an account from fongo.com which offers calls to Grenada for 0.16 per minute. It's a  wifi/internet calling service. I'm not sure if this is the best option for you, but the app is free and for a few cents you can try it. 
@Flashdance wrote:

Second question: how can I call a country in the Carbbean (Grenada)

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Flashdance You'll have to talk to moderators about your concern and about possible refund, but there isn't any phone company that offers the same price to call everywhere. Costs differ a lot based on country, city, and cell or landline. 

Try a calling card but those have different rates based on destination. Internet callinh might work if you both get a messaging app.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Generally, there are no refunds for prepaid accounts, but if you haven't used it and can't a moderator may help you in this case. Send a support ticket.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Flashdance wrote:

Hello

I purchased the INTERNATIONAL add on, only to discover after pruchase that there are only a few countries that can be called using that add on. It is not spelled out clearly when purchasing, and of course one assumes that INTERNATIONAL means...well...INTERNATIONAL.

How do I undo this purchase?

Second question: how can I call a country in the Carbbean (Grenada)?

PM is a paid service.  There is no refund.  But you can create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right hand bottom corner of this page.  YMMV

You can get a oversea calling to call Carbbean.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@FlashdanceOnly moderators can deal with refund issue so click on the ? and chat with SIMon once it understands, type submit ticket.

If you want to seemlessly (without calling card) to call Grenada you will need to upgrade to Koodo. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/long-distance-calling

It costs $1/minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.