cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Travel

Aljanes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi! I'm heading to Latvia for 3 months and didn't see this country listed in the international add on. Is there a plan/add-on I can get for over there that includes data and some calling? Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Aljanes As mimmo mentioned in passing, be sure to make a payment before your plan has expired 90 days. Some details on that issue: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if OP is going for 3 months, there is no reason for knowroaming.  I would suggest freedompop or find a local sim

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

Best solution is to shop locally and avoid the middle man.  

For longer stays absolutely, nothing is cheaper than local.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Best solution is to shop locally and avoid the middle man.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

have a great trip.

many of us get a fongo.com account and forwatd our PM calls there (before yo leave teh country.  you can also get a sms forwarding app to go to fongo. if doingthe sms the you need to leave your sim in a phone taht is constantly turned on.

also if its not important you can disable auto renew and your service will go into suspension if it is supposed to renew while you are away. and when you return you make a one time payment.  ( accounts can be epired for upto 90 days.

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Aljanes wrote:
Thanks for your help. That's what I figured. I'll just have to get something over there. Thanks again.

Depending on what and how much you plan on using there are other options as well. If you plan on using lots of data and/or calling a local SIM might be the best option especially if you plan on staying for a longer period of time.

I have the knowroaming sticker SIM that's an awesome addition to the PM SIM for roaming worldwide. You can find the pay-per-use rates on their page (data is 15c US/MB in Latvia): https://www.knowroaming.com/#rates but Latvia is also covered at $7.99 US/day for unlimited data. If you use promo Code todzv35 you'll get $9 off and currently can also add a second code of data100 for 1 free unlimited data daypass. With the discounts it'll cost about $21US shipped but it'll also come with $15US worth of vouchers that can be added as credit to your account. The best part is that once the SIM sticker is applied you don't have to deal with sim swaps and it should switch automatically when roaming or back in Canada once setup. Oh and they offer unlimited data whatsapp usage, however I'm not too sure whenever it covers voice/video calls or file transfers.

For data only, I found keepgo to be one of the better options out there (less countries but Latvia is covered) if you don't need unlimited. Can order a sim that comes preloaded with 1GB of (LTE) data valid for a year for about $50US shipped after 15% discount here (use the link and code on the page at checkout): http://keepgo.refr.cc/TGNB8J2

Aljanes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks for your help. That's what I figured. I'll just have to get something over there. Thanks again.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Aljanes, sorry to tell you that the only country that you can purchase an addon to call from currently is the US.  There will be no service from PM in Latvia.  The list you saw was probably a list of countries you can call if you have the International Long Distance Addon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.