cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Roaming is not working out

lialka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am overseas now (in Europe) and I paid $15CAD for 400 min. International roaming (not for Canada and US only), but the service is not working out, by some reason. I extremely need that! My understanding is: the International Roaming and Canada/US Roaming - completely different services, provided by PM. So why my expensive ($15) International Roaming is not functioning then?

19 REPLIES 19

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The only country Public Mobile works in , if a roaming plan is bought,  is USA. Other than that Public Mobile only works in Canada. There are no other counties at present  in which Public Mobile  works . 

@lialka wrote:

l've already did that. They are keeping silence... I am waiting... But who would tell me what does it mean "International roaming" service, following after "Canada/US roaming"???

It doesn't say International Roaming it says Calling and it is a long distance plan for calls that originate in Canada  

LD Calling.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@lialka wrote:

Hi, I am overseas now (in Europe) and I paid $15CAD for 400 min. International roaming (not for Canada and US only), but the service is not working out, by some reason. I extremely need that! My understanding is: the International Roaming and Canada/US Roaming - completely different services, provided by PM. So why my expensive ($15) International Roaming is not functioning then?

PM doesn't have international roaming, but only has US roaming plan. 400 minutes international talking is only for in Canada, but not for outside Canada. There's a line said in Canada above 400 minutes international talk.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

lialka

Nothing is possiible distantly. Other choice to get automated call from them with access code, but they cannot call to my number, as I told...

mimmo

@lialka wrote:

I need to keep my own number to have my online banking access, not for fun..

Then you need to:

1)get a friend in Canada to buy you a sim card

2) do a sim number  change in self serve

3) have friend install sim in a old phone

4)set up call forwarding to your fongo number

5) install a sms forwarding app if you need sms

Alternately change your baking contact info to your fongo number. 

Fongo provides a free Canadian number 

@lialka wrote:

l've already did that. They are keeping silence... I am waiting... But who would tell me what does it mean "International roaming" service, following after "Canada/US roaming"???

Look at that.. it’s written US before roaming 5E936697-5884-487C-B00B-60A442856FD2.png

lialka

I've already tried it. They provide with their phone #, but cannot keep my existing...

lialka

No, they send SMS to my registered phone number...

lialka

@lialka wrote:

My TD bank send SMS for account access confirmation, and I cannot do that and don't know how to find a solution..

Reach your TD bank to ask another solution than SMS????

lialka

My TD bank send SMS for account access confirmation, and I cannot do that and don't know how to find a solution..

@lialka wrote:

You can't have access with an app to your bank?

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lialka : Hi, I also want to point out that you could reach the moderators about this and maybe they can reimburse your international add-on; 

Click this: message to moderators

lialka

mimmo

@lialka even if public had international roaming  it's usually cheaper to buy a local sim card when in europe.

If you need to receive calls from Canada I would get a fongo.com account and give that to your contacts. That would work on wifi or if you get data with a local sim

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lialka wrote:

@lialka  The international add-on only works when you are in Canada so it definitely will not work when you are overseas. As previously mentioned your best choice it to purchase a prepaid sim locally. On the plus side the rates in many places overseas are much better that what we pay here so it might be more economical for you in the long run.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@lialka wrote:

Sorry for you. But you can buy a sim card for few euros and a plan for 2 euros for 1 month...look at Free.fr. Or at gigsky.com. Enjoy your trip!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@lialka There is no international roaming addon, the addon you purchased was for international calls, you need to be in Canada to use it. The only country outside of Canada you can buy roaming addons for is the US.

You will need to get a local SIM card and plan to use your phone.
Need Help? Let's chat.