cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls

ani7ganguly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All, I am a public mobile customer. I buy international minutes for making phone calls to family in India. I always find call quality is extremely poor. Most of the time, I have a hard time hearing the other end. The headphone does not help too. Is there any fix to it? Is there customer care of public mobile where I can inform about this issue? Can anyone suggest any other media (except skype) to make direct phone calls (SIM to SIM) to Indian phone numbers? I would appreciate your help. - Anindya

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ani7ganguly 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ani7ganguly 

Did try cleaning the speaker screen on the top of your phone?

Over time the screen gets buildup. Just take a clean toothbrush and toothpick and clean it up.

It is amazing what a cleaning will do but DON'T use rubbing alcohol because it will damage the earpiece.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pre-whatsapp times, I have used Callselect (now reliance). Good service.

Now with public int'l calling, If you calling within Canada is good and to India its poor then it could be either network problem in the area of India you are calling. you can test by calling through different phone or may be a good calling card to narrow down the issue.

@ani7ganguly wrote:

Hello All, I am a public mobile customer. I buy international minutes for making phone calls to family in India. I always find call quality is extremely poor. Most of the time, I have a hard time hearing the other end. The headphone does not help too. Is there any fix to it? Is there customer care of public mobile where I can inform about this issue? Can anyone suggest any other media (except skype) to make direct phone calls (SIM to SIM) to Indian phone numbers? I would appreciate your help. - Anindya

There are many long distance companies available.  Many of them act them selll minutes that you can purchase from their website.  Goldline is one that I've used in the past.  Worldline has an offer for 1000 minutes for a preset monthly price.  They both work by the customer first dialing a local access number and then that third party company completes the rest of the call.  Public Mobile also offers and add-on to call India. That add-on is priced at $15 for 750 minutes.  Details at this link:  Plans (publicmobile.ca)

Is it the Pubilc Mobile service that you're having trouble withi the quality with when you make these long distance calls or is it a seperate long distance compnay that you're using?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ani7ganguly 

How is your Canadian talk quality?  Any issues?    Which model phone do you use?

Public mobile uses Telus or Bell network so it be good in general.  

It also might be the issue in the other cell phone in India. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ani7ganguly  I suspect the issue might be with your device or service/network issue for people in India. Are you noticing this issue with multiple numbers you call? Have you tried dialing from another phone if you have or can borrow from a friend to test? I have called international number a few days ago and it was normal. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried putting your sim in another unlocked phone to see if the quality improves?

Need Help? Let's chat.