cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls

Hisham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I'm unable to place an international call. I dialed 011 and then the country code, but i cannot get through

16 REPLIES 16

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

When calling the UK, you prefix 011 44, or +44 (type a + by holding the 0)

For example, the number published for the British Museum in London is 020 7323 8000

You would dial this without the 0 before 20, so:

011 44 20 7323 8000

or

+44 20 7323 8000

I just tested this number myself and it worked for me, so you can try this number as well to test your dialing format is correct. It just plays an automated welcome message, so you don't have to worry about bothering someone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guspublic1 : There are two ways to call out: 1. 011 (that you say you've tried), 2. +. Then the country code ie. 44. Then the number. If there's a leading zero in the area code (or somewhere?) then drop it.

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If there was a sim problem, why does it work for all local calls in Canada?

I am trying to use my free 500 international minutes which can be used for uk pm tells me today but cant get it to work.

@Guspublic1 wrote:

I an having same problem for weeks and nobody is here to help or answer questions .

I dialed 011 44 then 10 digit tel# for UK england, from canada on Public Mobile but does not go thru. Works in my landline.

I also tried changing to  011 440 then   ten digit # but no luck.

@Guspublic1  Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

any chance that is the case for the calls you are calling?

Also , to call UK, dail:

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial:

011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number

011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guspublic1 

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial: 01144 Area Code
Land Phone Number 011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

also you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

@Guspublic1 wrote:

I an having same problem for weeks and nobody is here to help or answer questions .

I dialed 011 44 then 10 digit tel# for UK england, from canada on Public Mobile but does not go thru. Works in my landline.

@Guspublic1 

That sounds frustrating as you appear to be doing the right thing.

In place of 011, try holding down the zero (0) on your mobile device.  THEN, proceed with the country exit code and full digit number.

For the heck of it, try inserting your Public Mobile SIM card into another device (if available), and try to make the call again.

Guspublic1

My uk # is not listed by you above but still cannot get thru to uk..

011,44,xxxxxxxxxx

Also tried adding 0

011,44,0 xxxxxxxxxx

Ten digit tel# added after 011,44

Guspublic1

Of course i have 500 free bonus minutes and i am allowed to call uk! I checked and THEY confirmed that much. 

Guspublic1

@PBandJ wrote:

You have to go to your public mobile account first to put in the add on international calls before you can call anywhere internationally

That is accurate, @PBandJ 

However, there are limited countries included in the bonus (gifted) and purchasable add-on's provided by Public Mobile.

What's unknown with this thread poster is whether they have yet received their 'bonus' add-ons or whether the add-on they may have includes the desired country destination.

PBandJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You have to go to your public mobile account first to put in the add on international calls before you can call anywhere internationally

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Hisham wrote:

Hello I'm unable to place an international call. I dialed 011 and then the country code, but i cannot get through

Hi @Hisham 

Can you screenshot the list of add-on's that you have included with your plan AND advise which country you are trying to reach, please?

The screenshot will look similar to this below:

HALIMACS_0-1640620648116.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

LD add-ons only allow calls to certain countries.

1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes - $15

500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes - $15

100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes - $15

300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

If the country you are trying to call is not listed then you may have to either purchase a long distance calling card or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, or Signal.

@Hisham 

This is the list of country in the Holiday bonus:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Some peopled tried it and said the countries they are able to call with the holiday bonus is in fact bigger, this is the full list of the countries  you can try.  I am pretty sure if  you cannot call any country not in this list

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela, USA, Canada,  Philippines, U.K. China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, India, Pakistan

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Hisham wrote:

@Hisham 

What country are you trying to call? With what International add-on?

Each add-on has its own list of eligible countries.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hisham wrote:

@Hisham   Which country you are trying to call?  PM Long Distance add-on does not call to all countries but just selected countries.

And you have the Long Distance Add-on already?  At least you got the 500 Long Distance minutes from the Holiday bonus in your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.