cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting...two Koodo offers in the past couple weeks

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So, my plan is $120/6GB 90 days.  A couple of weeks ago, got an offer to move to Koodo $40/2GB per month plan.  We all know that this is not a deal with PM rewards factored in.  Just a few minutes ago, I received a text with a new offer of $45/4GB per month with $100 credit. Only once have I come close to using my 6GB so more data with a higher cost is not really under consideration for me.  With all that has happened over the past week or so, it sure makes one question what the future of PM is.  

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There appears to be a lot of unscrupulous dealers trying to take advantage of the recent turmoil.  We had posts earlier today about some dealers upping the ante and offering $40 for 5 gigs to those of us who qualify for the $40/4 gig migration plan.  On the way home, I decided to pop by the mall to try and verify this better offer at the Koodo kiosk.  Unfortunately, I spoke to an unknowledgeable and unmotivated agent.  The only thing she was able to tell me is Public Mobile is closing down.  She goes on to say, they closed all the stores and they have been doing migration offers to move customers over to Koodo ever since.  I would move if I were you. 

So, my reply to her was do you know what exactly is being offered in this latest migration plan and also is there any way she can better it to make it really worthwhile for me to switch.  This is pretty much where the conversation kind went downhill even further.  She had no clue of what is being offered.  She says the agents at WoW can sometimes offer things that we cannot.  I told her that basically you are asking me to not waste any more time here, go shop at WoW.  Before people lament too much about the lack of physical stores, so what are the advantages of having them if they are staffed with people like this?

canucks4life

Also note there is a Koodo bonus $50 referral credit until March 1st...I think regular is $25.

shartomjam

I have 6GB for 90 days so $45 for 4GB per month would be better if you needed more data.  Not as good as the $40 4GB offer that others have received though.  I'm not going to leave PM yet but receiving 2 offers in such a short time from the sister company does not make me hold out much hope for the future of PM.

torontokris

@shartomjamwrote:

So, my plan is $120/6GB 90 days.  A couple of weeks ago, got an offer to move to Koodo $40/2GB per month plan.  We all know that this is not a deal with PM rewards factored in.  Just a few minutes ago, I received a text with a new offer of $45/4GB per month with $100 credit. Only once have I come close to using my 6GB so more data with a higher cost is not really under consideration for me.  With all that has happened over the past week or so, it sure makes one question what the future of PM is.  

move if it makes sense for you. If PM can raise the price so can Koodo. You have 6GB for $40/month id stick with it instead of down grading. Although I'm guessing your on 3G diesp plan

Need Help? Let's chat.