cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls issue into going is fine

Bill_par
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All incoming calls forwarded to voice mail. Prior to switching sims yesterday all was fine....call forward is showing disabled but here we are!!

8 REPLIES 8

@Bill_par 

that is nice you reply yes then do rebooting device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bill_par - you may also want to confirm/check below if services are still not working:

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Otherwise, maybe submit a ticket to CSA from the link I added in my first post.

Bill_par

Screenshot_20220731_164102_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

My reply to message...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bill_par   did you received a sms from your old carrier?  did you reply YES?  You might have missed that steps and the port was stuck

I will send you a message to your Community inbox.  Please check and call them to talk to live person. They will re-trigger that process

@Bill_par 

so all yours device are you sure is working in here!!

in that  link  see the phone number to contact Port Team, to make sure your port in is going through.

or contact to support team by private message CS_Agent  to them check it out all your accounts.

@Bill_par  - if you said yes to the SMS approval port, have you restarted the phone yet with the pm card inside? Maybe do a reset of network settings as well...not a bad idea to do this after a new provider activation.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Or, for you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Bill_par

Yes X's 4....we moved all our mobile phones from ma...Bell. We are all having the same issue... outgoing is fine...incoming direct or forwarded to voice

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Bill_par 

when you port in here do gettign from old provider SMS about port out and you reply yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.