cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go right to voicemail

Mrsask65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. So I set up Public mobile on TWO different phones and I am having the same issue with bith phones. I can send and receive texts. I can call out. But, incoming calls go straight to voicemail. I have checked call blocking and other settings. Please help!!

T

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Just a thought: did you set up your voice mail using cell phone? Vmail has to be set up very fist time from cell phone and not from calling with any other phone.

Usually calls go immediately to vmail if caller cannot reach your phone (turned off, out of range, etc.).

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Mrsask65 

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..test it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mrsask65 wrote:

Hi. So I set up Public mobile on TWO different phones and I am having the same issue with bith phones. I can send and receive texts. I can call out. But, incoming calls go straight to voicemail. I have checked call blocking and other settings. Please help!!

T

@Mrsask65  - did you port from another provider? If so, continue to read below...

• From cell phone provider to cell phone provider - should take 2-3 hours to complete porting. Ensure you leave the old provider's SIM card in the phone to accept the SMS porting text.
  • From landline/voip provider to cell phone provider - should take 3+ days to complete porting.

In both cases you should have most services right away on your Public Mobile SIM card. There may be mixed services happening though.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over; and when this occurs this is a good indication porting is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Do not cancel your previous provider's service/plan (it could affect the porting process); the act of porting should cancel the old service automatically.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrsask65  you have been with Public for sometime?

try to change the network type to 3G Only/WCDMA and see if it helps.  Telus is now updating the system to 5G and it might affect the LTE during the work.  Changing to 3G Only would help.   

if it works, you might want to keep the setting for now and try it back on LTE in a week or so. Usually issue will fully resolved after a week or two

Need Help? Let's chat.