cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Need of help please

jjlin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I transferred my mobile number to public mobile like 4hrs ago and I can receive text but when people try to call me they get my voice mail so I need to fix that however when I chat with bot and click contact I get the screen to sign in with my community user name and when I enter the info it gives me an error however when I go directly to the community forum website I can log in without issues but the problem with that is that I don't know ro whom I should send the msg to.

So can anyone please guide me.

Thank you all  

UPDATE: 

Everything is ok now thank you for taking the time to read my post and for the help you all provided me with.

Have a great weekend 

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Unless someone reported the phone number how does it get edited by a customer support agent 3 minutes after it was posted?

I've edited messages seconds after they're posted.  I've also seen messages containing phone numbers that have remained from hours. Which ever way that the CSA came to find out about the phone number being posted, the CSA saw the phone number at the right time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Unless someone reported the phone number how does it get edited by a customer support agent 3 minutes after it was posted?

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jjlin 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it for you

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@darlicious wrote:

number sure generates an immediate alert to customer support to edit it out!

I don't think that it does. There would have to be matching strings in the number and there are so many combinations of digits for phone numbers. Thanks to the CSA from removing the number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Holy cow that phone number sure generates an immediate alert to customer support to edit it out!

@jjlin 

Seeing how the new accounts are very glitchy it's possible your report request did not get sent out correctly? Or if you did use the IMEI and make an error it wouldn't generate a text or the port request presumably. Use the account number instead and login using secret / incognito mode to make the port request then wait for the porting authorization text on your old SIM card to come through.

Does your old sim still work? Can you still access the old account? You say voicemail. Which one? The old one or this one?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jjlin 

Is my post to the solution? Or an accidental acceptance? If so you can edit the solution by going to the little arrow at the right side of your post and unmarked it as the solution.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jjlin 

Did you use your account number or the IMEI of your phone to make the port request? Did you initiate it through your self-serve account?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe restart the phone. Is this an iphone or not?

jjlin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I've text YES and I did every troubleshooting possible this is a Public Mobile's issue.

I'm a very tech savvy when it comes about mobile phones and so on.

I do have Telus port center number 1-877xxxxx but it just say port transfer request doesn't exist for this number so there must be a way to create a ticket but I don't know how  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jjlin 

Did you leave your old SIM card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text)? If not you will have to reinitiate your Port request by either contacting Public Mobile customer support or calling the Telus porting department phone number. I will send it to you through your private messages.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer?

If not then click the link and call the number shown there to re-trigger the port.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

Need Help? Let's chat.