cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper phone number transfer - now charged by both old service provider and Public Mobile

NorthernStar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Improper phone number transfer - now charged by both old service provider and Public Mobile
I transferred a Prepaid PC mobile phone number on July 17 to Public Mobile, the sim card was placed into the old phone and all is working fine as intended. 
However, PC Mobile charged 22.6$ (the old plan was $20+TAX) on my credit card because according to customer service the number has never been "properly transferred".
I am quite upset because now I paid two fees one for Public mobile and another one for PC mobile.
After speaking with PC mobile customer service, they refused to make a refund stating that the line is still active and it has never been transferred because Public mobile did not follow the proper procedures for the transfer in the background

I am currently using the phone number with Public Mobile sim card so I do not understand how the transfer did not work. Because it is impossible to talk to an Agent, I have no idea on how to follow-up with this situation. 

All advices/tips are welcome!

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NorthernStar 

It's too bad that PC Mobile didn't explain exactly what the problem is....pc mobile is similar to transferring a koodo prepaid phone number. You are supposed to choose a temporary phone number at activation and once your services and account is up and running  you contact customer support to transfer your pc mobile phone # to your pm account. Only customer support can help you with this....the telus porting department cannot.

In normal circumstances, you leave the old sim in to confirm the transfer. Then you put in the new sim. But as I still wonder, did PC Mobile prepaid need a different process from Public.

The odd part here is that usually incoming phone calls don't work until the port is complete. But for the previous company to still have you there seems to be on them. If everything is fine here then I would be talking to them. They seem to want to point fingers here but here seems to be all fine.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@NorthernStar 

Transfer (publicmobile.ca)

If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 business hours to transfer your mobile number, you will need the help of a Customer Support AgentChatbot

NorthernStar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have never received any text regarding the transfer and after activating the sim card and entering the transfer information, I have been making calls and receving them with no issue at all.   

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you able to receive calls on your original number with the Public sim in? Did you confirm the transfer with the old sim in?

I seem to recall something about PC Mobile prepaid which might have needed the support people to complete.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NorthernStar look like it is a stuck port, 

There is a number to all to talk to live support and the can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.