cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you top up with vouchers, do you still get the $6 discount?

warpdrive
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had an issue 3 days ago when I was able to port over 2 lines without issue but the third line i tried failed with the credit card issue others have had. Odd thing was, it was the same card I had just used on the previous two lines without any issues. I was eventually able to activate the third line with another credit card. I did PM a mod 3 days ago but have not heard back, I understand they are likely swamped with the influx of new customers due to the ongoing promo.

I was concerned that in three months time, the first 2 lines will not correctly auto bill to my original credit card now as the site would not accept it on the 3 line.

I believe my fears were confirmed when I just tried to purchase a long distance add on to one of the original lines, with the saved card on file, and the same credit card error occurred. There is nothing wrong with the card as I did contact the provider. This is the card I would prefer to use because of the rewards I earn when using it.

So.... I’m wondering if I just buy a bunch of vouchers with the rewards credit card, and top up the 3 accounts with those vouchers so there is a big credit on each line, will I still receive the $6 credit every 3 months since there is still auto pay from credit card enabled on the accounts? I would assume it would pull from the positive account credit, providing there is enough there, before trying to bill a credit card on file. This would ensure there would not be any billing issues that might suspend service.

I realize I can contact the mods again after the promo expires and things die down a bit, but was just curious as to this being a viable alternative while still maintaining the $6 monthly reward for each line.

12 REPLIES 12

warpdrive

Negative. It would seem it wants to use your card on file. Whatever the issue is with my card, it's the same using 611. I'll just top up with Vouchers. I'll try shoppers drug mart tomorrow. I hear they don't charge you the .95 fee to activate the card either. Otherwise I'll try a Shell station. Thanks for the help with all of this though guys. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Let us know how it goes

warpdrive

I'll try adding to the account direct using *611 from my Scene Visa card.... it that works I can bypass the voucher thing all together!

warpdrive

The 611 call let me add the voucher..... thank you very much. 😄

Rockdaddy22
Try adding it via 611 on your phone

You could also try shoppers drug mart or CanadianTire gas bar.

warpdrive

And to top it off... while I was there I picked up a $19 voucher so I could at least get a Canada wide add on rolling...... and the voucher doesnt work either....

warpdrive

LOL. Go to MoneyMart and..... they dont accept Visa. No Scene points for me if I buy there... Looks like I'll have to check Shell stations...

warpdrive
Best part is..... just found out the MoneyMart that is 5 minutes away from me has vouchers in many sizes. Nice!

Mark2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend who referred me has this so I know it worked

He made a 1 time payment on account

But then later when figured out the $2 credit added credit card on file

Since there is positive balance credit card never charged and autopay credit still applied

I also see if you renew early you get extra autopay credits

So if on 90 day plan, you are supposed to get 4 credits of $6 right?

But when renew is done early, system gives the $6 autopay credit right away

Not good idea though as many plan changes are costing more than extra autopay credits right

lol

But it works

warpdrive

Thanks for the confirmation!

I know I dont need to use the same card to purchase the vouchers... I just want to use it to add to my 200000+ scene points! LOL

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @warpdrive;

As @Rockdaddy22 indicates, yes you can do this. And you don't need to buy the vouchers using that same credit card, the key is the you have autopay on and and a cc linked at the time of renewal. At renewal, the system will take from available funds in the account before it goes to cc top-up, so will use up the vouchers first. 

Rockdaddy22
I use vouchers and get the rewards, as long as you have autopay on with a credit card on file.
Need Help? Let's chat.