cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I join Public Points, will I still receive rewards (Pre-authorized payments, Loyalty Pays, Refer)

mason54321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I join Public Points, will I still receive rewards (Pre-authorized payments, Loyalty Pays,Refer-a-Friend, Helping Others, etc.)?

Or I will get points only? Any clarification?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Simply put......D O N ‘ T   D O   I T!!!

sszz06
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Grandfathered reward is much better than new points.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mason54321 wrote:

If I join Public Points, will I still receive rewards (Pre-authorized payments, Loyalty Pays,Refer-a-Friend, Helping Others, etc.)?

Thanks!

Here's the thing, @mason54321 

If you are on a $60 or HIGHER valued plan, than Public Points may be equitable to the old rewards system.  The tipping point for some is the points towards add-on purchases and the contests.   So, if you're one to purchase a lot of add ons and are a 'gamblin' person, perhaps Public Points is for you.

However, if you plan on staying with Public Mobile for several years, the Loyalty program from the rewards program is MUCH better and gives you up to $5 off every cycle once you have been here for 5 years.  The Public Points system doesn't come close to comparing in that regard.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mason54321  basically we all agree NOT  to join the new Public Points if you are on the old rewards.

While the new one has "similar" rewards to the old, the amount of reward you will get is a lot less. 

Here is a comparison:

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mason54321   Sorry, those rewards have been discontinued as of Jan. 25th of this year and are now grandfathered in for customers who remain on them or activated prior to the cut off date.  You will, however, receive Public Points which offer 5% back on plan renewals and add-on purchases. 

Currently new activations will receive 15% back in points for payments/add-ons for 12 months as bonus points.  You also get 10 points on each anniversary date of activation.

edit:  Sorry, I thought you were wanting to activate a new account, but for sure if you're already a customer on the  old rewards program, then do not switch into the new points system as advised earlier.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mason54321 wrote:

Thanks!

I strongly recommend against changing to points.  There will be no discount for pre-authorized payments and the loyalty points will have significantly less value.  With the exception of discounted add-ons and the ability to buy contest entries (which I don't consider to be a feature), there are no advantages to the newer points system.

Yes, indeed, I just keep reward and won't change to points.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@mason54321 wrote:

Thanks!

Starting this year the old reward system is no longer exist, it change to point system. I don't know how points work, 

@mason54321 wrote:

Thanks!

I strongly recommend against changing to points.  There will be no discount for pre-authorized payments and the loyalty points will have significantly less value.  With the exception of discounted add-ons and the ability to buy contest entries (which I don't consider to be a feature), there are no advantages to the newer points system.

Need Help? Let's chat.