cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to switch over.. how?

sorel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I'd like to switch over to public Mobile but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and the website makes it sound too easy so I'm suspicious..

After getting the sim card and activating it, do you have to cancel your old plan  yourself or do the omnipotent cell phone gods do it for you?

Do I get to choose a new number or do I keep my old one?

Anything else I should know that I don't know to ask about??

Thanks for the help y'all!

7 REPLIES 7

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sorel wrote:

@sorel   It is a personal choice.  Most people decide to keep the old one and will port the number over.  By keeping the old one, you don't have to go around and tell your friends to update your number

and... if you are activating plans $35 and over, remember to use 2GBBonus as the promo code to get extra 2GB data every month

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@sorel wrote:

Hi folks,

I'd like to switch over to public Mobile but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and the website makes it sound too easy so I'm suspicious..

No need to be, if you follow instructions carefully

After getting the sim card and activating it, do you have to cancel your old plan  yourself or do the omnipotent cell phone gods do it for you?

Depends on whether you want your old number ported over. If so, old account needs to be active, you ask new provider (PM) to initiate the transfer and answer YES to the SMS old provider will send to confirm authorization within 90 minutes. Once porting succeeds, your old account will close automatically.

Your choice. You can either ask to port your number during account activation, or pick a temporary PM number and do the porting later when you're sure your service with PM is running smoothly.

You can use a referral code to get a one-time $10 credit, register a payment card with autopay to get a $2 monthly credit.

If you activate before month end, there are the free gifts PM is giving away.

@sorel 

If you choose a PM number and port later. Your old account needs to remain active.

Once you request a port make sure your old SIM is in a phone. Your old carrier will ask you to confirm the port.  Your old account will then be closed due to porting out. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sorel wrote:

Hi folks,

@sorel    Keep your previous provider's SIM in your phone so that you can respond by replying YES to the authorization text that will be sent.  Once the number is transferred successfully, your old account will be closed and nothing further needs to be done. edit: of course then you can insert your PM SIM in your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sorel 

important to you know about transfer old number

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

Spoiler

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50,$60, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy..

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sorel wrote:

Hi folks,

It is just that EZ. You can either port your existing Cdn number to PM or select a new one.

Who was old cell network ?

edit to add link...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sorel 

Basically, you get the SIM card, choose your payment method, then choose whether you're going to Port your existing number to Public Mobile.

You'll need the prior provider's account number to do this effectively.  (You can port your number AFTER activating by using self-service option.  Just make sure to keep your prior provider's SIM card in the device to receive the authorization text)

Then click Activate button on top of page.

Make sure to use an existing customer's referral number for each of you to save $$$

Need Help? Let's chat.