cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to give my number to someone else

The_Stig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I start a new job on Monday. My current job involves having my cell on me and about 70% of my calls are work related (customers calling). Currently I work in a very small company, there's 3 of us. All the cards, signage, etc has my current number on it. I need to find a way to give my number to the owner, preferably without giving him my sim card. He's a friend, so I'm not worried about anything. 

So - yeah - that's basically it. I would like to get a new number and he's willing to go with public for a dedicated work phone. Where would I start?

9 REPLIES 9

@The_Stig wrote:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. 4 weeks of training then something different every day type of job. And yeah, I'm going to just give him my account. Otherwise I'll get calls and texts and will feel obligated to at least reply 

And the lesson learned is??????

BUT....if you don't have the customers in your contacts list and you set DND 24/7 to only answer calls from numbers that are in your contacts list, those calls will go to voicemail. And put in an appropriate message on your voicemail. 

The_Stig

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. 4 weeks of training then something different every day type of job. And yeah, I'm going to just give him my account. Otherwise I'll get calls and texts and will feel obligated to at least reply 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@The_Stig wrote:

I start a new job on Monday.

Congratulations!!

My current job involves having my cell on me and about 70% of my calls are work related (customers calling). Currently I work in a very small company, there's 3 of us. All the cards, signage, etc has my current number on it. I need to find a way to give my number to the owner, preferably without giving him my sim card. He's a friend, so I'm not worried about anything. 

You let him take over your current account and number.

You lose any value to the account. 

You let him port your number to another carrier. 

That will close your account. 

So - yeah - that's basically it. I would like to get a new number and he's willing to go with public for a dedicated work phone. Where would I start?

If your current account is with PM and has $ rewards and not points and has rewards money that you collect every 30 days......you either keep your account and change your number if you don't want calls for the business and friend loses the number all together as it will go back into the pot of numbers to the carrier it belongs too or perhaps the friend will pay you to take over the number and that leaves you getting a new number and new account at PM and go onto the new points rewards. Your choice.  

The_Stig

Ah, OK thank you. I did want to keep my account because I have a few dollars off every month for getting new people to sign up. But....that couple dollars isn't worth the headache of my customers calling me looking to get work done. And I know some WILL call me even if they know I'm not doing that job, just to see if they can still get me to come. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@The_Stig I don't think you can transfer or give your phone number to someone. 

@The_Stig   

I am reading your message again.  The steps above is that I assume you are passing BOTH the account and number to your current owner

But if you want to keep your PM account with a new number, and t let him just take the number , then it CANNOT be done whether he wants to be with PM or other providers

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@The_Stig 

Two things need to do

1. My Account 

2. Sim card

For My Account, first if you have your own credit card there , open ticket with PM Support and ask them to first remove it. 

Once removed, open another ticket to ask PM Suppor to change the email address used to login.  Change to the new owner email address

For sim card, easiest way is to just send him the sim card.  If not possible.  it's ok. Ask your owner to buy a new sim card from Telus/Koodo store.  

As he has access to My Account now, once he has the card, he can login and request Change Sim card. 

Also, remind him to add his own credit card there

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Sorry misread post.

If you're looking to keep your account at PM, but with a different phone number after all that moving around,. sorry but that can't be done.  It just can't be done.

Need Help? Let's chat.