cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create or get to my account

Craig5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot sign to my account, why????? Wont allow me to create or get to it. 

26 REPLIES 26

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5 

You're breaking new ground as there has never been a time where a customer couldn't create their own account but they took it away so there's not really any background or work around or anything that might prove helpful for your situation because nobody has ever been in your situation. Previously when you created a self-serve account after retail activation the customer would enter their phone number and have a six digit alphanumeric code sent via text message to their phone then with that code and the email address used when signing up would create an account.

Approximately what stage are you at that you are getting his link sent to you to create your account? Can you describe what you're being asked to do that you are unable to perform to create the account?

Craig5

So public mobile sends us a link to sign up to my account, which does not work, no matter what you do, i tried everything, even got help from a cs, even they could not get thru. So i cannot create an online my account to manage anything, cannot change plan, cannot do anything. I cannot even port to another provider.  However public mobile can Keep accepting payments, No issue......, Why is that? They Can grab the money but will not fix the issues.....yet they proclaim to be better than the others !!! The others actually have customer service !!! Public mobile has None!!!  I thinl they are worse than the competion actually. Im sure many others feel the same. Join me in voicing your disappointment for such crap or no service...maybe they will wise up....maybe

Craig5

I was content just buying my vouchers....but then i see they offer 4g plans, so im like ok ler me change plans.....then i cannot, no account to change it, follow their link to create one and im running thru hoops ....to create a Simple account.....in 2022

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5 

Honestly I've been trying to figure out what their end game is? Like are they going for the first round draft pick? Or the old if you do a really crappy job at something you won't be asked to do it again? I just can't figure it out they have moments of brilliance and then long long moments of complete stupidity? 🙄

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm astonished that you've been here all this time and never bothered to make the account. But yes this new system has been a nightmare of grade school execution.

Craig5

Im willing to stay, ive been a customer forever  but  geez man.......this a  big corporation doing real nonsense now

Craig5

I totally hear you, but up to now i cannot get my account signed up to even change my plan or anything.....i mean we in 2022.....and not in a third world country. I mean how on earth would they make this so moronic? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5 

I agree some of the changes are completely moronic but at the same time there are still advantages to staying with public mobile mainly rewards but going to chatr means you're under the control of the evil overlord.

I mean it's a pain right now having not created your self serve account but once it is created and you have full access aside from the new design shortcomings you do have a lot more control over managing your account and your service then you will at chatr. Your add-ons roll over your bill will get smaller not bigger, there are no extra fees or overages.

If you've been here long enough you're on the rewards program so you can refer people, participate in the community and get loyalty for doing nothing but you'll never ever get your bill to $0 with chatr. But it depends on you do you change your own oil and rotate your own tires or do you bring it to the service station?

what I see is that, no matter how much you pay, there would not be perfect service.  Everyone will have some issue from their provider once in awhile.   Remember one name just screw up the half the nation just a month ago?  

So, if you change provider just because of 1 or 2 incidents, you could be jumping from one to another all the time.  But of course, with porting can be done so easily, and lot of deals for new activations from different providers all the time, if you think it is time to move on, why not.

Craig5

They screwed everything up. Whats the point staying with public now? More headache, Less service....

Craig5

Man public mobile just screwed this up. I can imagine how many customers theyve lost becsuse of this. I csnt even change my plsn so wgats the point? May as well go to chatr and get Great customer service , real service 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Craig5 

When Public Mobile went back to online only service on July 13th and they eliminated all retail activations they also eliminated the way a customer would create their own self-serve account if they had a retail activation as a result you must go through customer support to create your account.

I'm a little surprised that the link is still there on the Self Serve website. 

the link is pretty much ticket open for Password reset only. 

If they want a nice link, that should just link to private message with a submit populated saying "need to create new My Account login"

@darlicious wrote:

@Craig5 

When Public Mobile went back to online only service on July 13th and they eliminated all retail activations they also eliminated the way a customer would create their own self-serve account if they had a retail activation as a result you must go through customer support to create your account.

I'm a little surprised that the link is still there on the Self Serve website.  Cliicking on the create self serve account link only sends the customer to SiMon saying that there's no need for new cusomers to create a Self Serve account. I can only think that the reference is still there in case customers joinging a while ago at a store who never created the account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5 

for Register you’ll need a valid email address
your Public Mobile phone number

To create a My Account profile you'll need the help of a Customer Support Agent > Chatbot

@Craig5 use direct message and work with PM support via private message

Craig5

Of course i am for years. Never had an online account. Since they sent link to creatr an account  i cannot create account. I go as far as verification and says cannot verify, then asking for credit card which i never used or have

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5 

If you haven’t created an account or try login with a wrong email address or wrong password, you will not get a 2FA code for you to login.

Only option is to contact a CS_Agent to help you access your account through private messaging or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on this Community.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Craig5  - are you even a current public mobile customer with a plan and phone number yet? If not, then you need to activate a sim card through the activation online process here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

If you are a current public mobile customer then you can submit a ticket here to: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

NOTE:

If you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to self serve.

>I tried creating an account, it wont verify me no matter what i do

@Craig5 

or you can just use method 2 above, Direct message

@Craig then you have to aslbPM support to help open yhe account for you

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Craig5

I tried creating an account, it wont verify me no matter what i do

Craig5

I cannot evwn create let alone reset a password

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

Hi if you activated in store you have to create an account if you activated online than you already have either way if you can’t access it 

you need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Craig5 did you try the Reset Password link?

try to enter email address you might have used and see if you receive the password reset link

Need Help? Let's chat.