cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to buy minutes for my daughter who lives in Alberta

CynthiafromNWT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot buy the prepaid cards where I live. How can I buy one time use minutes for her? Thanks for any help. I can use my visa to pay for it. 

10 REPLIES 10

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are close to a Canadian Tire, you can buy Public Mobile real time payment vouchers.  Yuo go to Canadian Tire, you ask for a RTR voucher, they ask for what amount and the Public Mobile phone number, you pay them, and that amount is transfered to that Public Mobile account. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Real-Time-Payment-Vouchers-are-here/td-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CynthiafromNWT wrote:

Hmm, I can directly pay into her account? That might be the best solution, what info do I need from her so I can do this? 

The email address for the account and the password.

If she has an AB number and address then even you paying for it might only charge the 5%.

Anybody can pay into any account using the correct login info.

You can also set up autopay using a payment card and the account will save $2 every renewal. You can still manually pay in and still get the $2.

CynthiafromNWT

Hmm, I can directly pay into her account? That might be the best solution, what info do I need from her so I can do this? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CynthiafromNWT wrote:

I live in Northwest Territories, they don't sell public mobile gift cards here. Buying online would be simplest and easiest solution for me. 

No they don't. I was meaning like a store gift card that sells PM vouchers and send the card to her. Or even those prepaid "credit" card gift cards. Those can even be used in the self-serve. Speaking of which...if you have a payment card then you can manually pay into her account yourself.

CynthiafromNWT

I live in Northwest Territories, they don't sell public mobile gift cards here. Buying online would be simplest and easiest solution for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CynthiafromNWT wrote:

Thank you, this has been helpful. We only deal with bell and Virginia where I live, I don't have easy access to buy vouchers like she does, however, I refuse to send her cash. 

Re-noticing your subject line...the online choices would actually be even more expensive WRT your daughter. If you could send her gift cards then she could go to a store and only pay 5% tax for a voucher.

CynthiafromNWT

Thank you for the advice, I will give this a try. Have a great day. 

CynthiafromNWT

Thank you, this has been helpful. We only deal with bell and Virginia where I live, I don't have easy access to buy vouchers like she does, however, I refuse to send her cash. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CynthiafromNWT 

Use the website  recharge.com.  It will give your an online version of the payment voucher.  Recharge.com does charge a service fee, so you will be paying more than in store.  But, it is convenient.  

You can then either email or text the information to your daughter to top off her account and buy a long distance talk add on, 500 CDN minutes for $5.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CynthiafromNWT wrote:

I cannot buy the prepaid cards where I live. How can I buy one time use minutes for her? Thanks for any help. I can use my visa to pay for it. 

Public Mobile doesn't sell "minutes". They sell vouchers of money. You can get these vouchers online at places like recharge.com and ding.com. Somebody found an online real time voucher somewhere but I don't have the link at hand. You pay a little extra for the convenience though.

Need Help? Let's chat.