cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used an invalid email address

james_wang12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I used the wrong email address to register my Public mobile account. 

I used xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But the correct email should be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now I forgot my password, and cannot reset it. Could you please change my email address for my account?

4 REPLIES 4

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah this was discussed before and I second that bc a lot of ppl seemed to be confused or unaware and some notification may assist with that 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I am sure OP is not intending to publicize this information @BKNS27 .

This is not, so much, members carelessness. The distinction between what is PUBLIC (for anyone online to see) and PRIVATE (directed to one individual or Public Mobile employees) around here has been discussed before, and it could be much improved on Public Mobile's part.

First one below is PUBLIC; second one below is PRIVATE.

These should have messages, with distinction of what is what, and be different colors.

Before posting an original post on the community, perhaps there should be a message that pops up:

"No personal information, name, phone number, SIM card, IMEI....on the Community Forum as this is open online viewable for all to see..." or of the like.

esjliv_0-1656327208221.png

esjliv_1-1656327241115.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@james_wang12 

Why do people post their personal information on a public community forum?You are asking for scammer to send you spam/phishing email. Please note, there are no PM staff on this Community forum.

Thanks @computergeek541 for *ing it out.

Only a CS_Agent can help you change your email on your account. They can be contacted by creating a ticket through SIMon Chatbot or private message on this Community page.

@james_wang12 wrote:

Hi I used the wrong email address to register my Public mobile account. 

I used xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But the correct email should be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now I forgot my password, and cannot reset it. Could you please change my email address for my account?

You will need to open a ticket to get the help of a customer support agent.  Open the link of https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html , and after you do that, type in "change self serve e-mail address".

Need Help? Let's chat.