cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded plans mid month and I was wondering if it’ll charge me for both plans

Seandogq5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded from a 50$ plan to 65$ plan mid month and I was wondering if it would charge me for both the 50$ and 65$ this month

6 REPLIES 6

@Seandogq5 wrote:

My old plan was done in 2 days I was wondering if they would just tack on the extra 5 gigs and charge me 15$ more or if they would charge me the 65$ now and 50 in 2 days

If your renewal is in 2 days - do schedule Plan change and you will be charged only $65.

If you do change Plan NOW you will be charged $65 immediately. You already paid $50 for current month.

You will NOT be charged $50 + $65 on next renewal.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did change Plan NOW then yes, you have already been charged old and will be charged new amount immediately.

@Seandogq5 wrote:

My old plan was done in 2 days I was wondering if they would just tack on the extra 5 gigs and charge me 15$ more or if they would charge me the 65$ now and 50 in 2 days

@Seandogq5   No, they won't 

if you click Change plan now, they charge you the new $65 plan today and start a new cycle.  The 2 days from the old one will be forfeited and wasted

Since it is just 2 days, better to click "Change plan on the next renewal date" if you are ok with waiting 2 days. 

Also, if you are upgrading plan from lower cost to $65, better to top up $65 dollar now if you choose  "Change plan on the next renewal date", Autopay might fail the first time for a scheduled plan upgrade

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Seandogq5   that depends on how you see it

When you change a plan mid-month using Change plan now option, they will charge you the new plan cost and start a new cycle

The unused days of the old plan of the remaining cycle will be forfeited and wasted

and for this one new cycle you just started now, they won't apply any reward.  The reward will be apply on the next renewal 

Seandogq5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Seandogq5 hi if you changed plans early in your cycle, you will lose what you paid for that old plan and begin your new plan at that time it is best to start a new plan at your renewal date 

Need Help? Let's chat.