cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think the email that the account was set up with is no longer in use

ChaChingDobson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have no idea if this is the problem, but it might be the email that the acccount was set up with is no longer in use.  How can I get into the account?

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ChaChingDobson 

It's not commonly known that the email address which is used to gain access to public mobile's self-serve site is just a username.

Public mobile uses it on the activation for two purposes. As a username here and as a form of contact with the account holder. 

But as far as login purposes here, whether the email account is active or not, it will still work as a username.

The only real purpose for changing it would be in the event communication is needed from public mobile for two-factor authentication purposes or other things such as password reset functions.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That is not the problem you're having. You said your services are working. Therefore you can use the SMS verification option.

To test your login, click on the chatbot simon link below and then chat with simon and say yes to you being a customer and then the sign in option and try your email address and password that you think should work.

You can change your password using the sms option (even if suspended which you say you're not). Then test it here with the chatbot.

Then try the full proper account login.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ChaChingDobson   You can still use the email for login purposes but you should change it for future use, however, would need to submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ChaChingDobson @To change email you need assistance from support 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.