cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I renewed my US roaming last night, account says I have 15 more days but cannot make calls

bridgemate1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

details in subject....purchased add-on, it shows in account but cannot call, only get message stating I don't have roaming added !

17 REPLIES 17

@Ron52 wrote:

I purchased another 15 day USA plan last eve as previous 15 day had ran out. But it is still not working. I'm presently using friends phone to contact you. Also used her phone to purchase the 15 day plan but through my login. 

@Ron52  - buying back to back of the same type of roaming addon before the full 360 hours (15 days) + 12-24 hours after (this is the silly part) is what needs to be done.

If you are in this boat, you may need CSA to help you sort that out.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Or, try buying a different type/bucket of Roaming addon to get your service up and running, then connect with CSA after to adjust anything on your account if needed.

Ron52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased another 15 day USA plan last eve as previous 15 day had ran out. But it is still not working. I'm presently using friends phone to contact you. Also used her phone to purchase the 15 day plan but through my login. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bridgemate1 

Hopefully everything is working as it should? You do have decent 2G coverage in Casa Grande as far as I can tell....despite the towers being quite spread out but I imagine the terrain is pretty flat along with the architecture?

Screenshot_20230125_030606_Chrome~2.jpgScreenshot_20230125_031057_Chrome~2.jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's a known problem for talk. It can't overlap. 15/15 means it's new today. The prior ones will have expired sometime yesterday depending on when exactly you bought them. Then 12 hours later they will drop off the list.

You could try a restart of the phone to see if it might start working. Otherwise you'll need support to fix the confusion.

bridgemate1

says 15/15

bridgemate1

Jan 8....added 15 days

bridgemate1

didn't think we needed it to expire !

Did you start into the process of contacting support? After clicking on the little spinner refresh icon under Shop Add-ons, what are the roaming add-ons saying for days? What day did you buy the previous one?

bridgemate1

This issue is not fixed !!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No it's not midnight. It's exactly 360 hours from when you bought it. Then it goes to 0/15. Then it hangs around for another 12 hours.

bridgemate1

Casa Grande Az......T-m0bile 4 bars

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Roaming add-on re-buys are tricky as of current knowledge. So the roaming was working before? Did you see the previous one(s) go to 0/15 days? Or even see them disappear?

The known problem is that doubled-up talk makes talk not work properly. It's much harder to escape it now with the fewer choices and the cost. There's a method of buying a different one but if you only bought talk/text then the workaround of buying the other more expensive one becomes expensive. This method needs to wait for the previous one to go to 0/15.

bridgemate1

changed add-on, last still was in effect until midnight...I presume !

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bridgemate1 due to the shutdown of 3G network in US and the PM has not enabled VoLTE yet, we are relying on T-Mobile 2G network for voice.  Data and text are fine as they are can use Tmobile 4G/LTE network.   

The T-Mobile 2G network is a hit or miss.  Which city and state you are at?  You might have better luck at different part of the city.  For now, download VoIP app like TextNow to make and receive calls as a workaround.  You will assigned another 10 digits number and people can reach you like a regular phone, excpet you pick up the call using the app

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try restarting device and try again. Gice it a bit of time, might just be a timing issue. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bridgemate1 , the calling feature is very iffy these days.  You need to be connected to T-Mobile network and there must be 2G towers in the area in order to make a call.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bridgemate1 - Try restarting your phone.

Did you already had the same roaming addon on your account that still had time left on it? If so, you may need CSA to help you sort that out.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

OR, was it a different roaming addon added.

Need Help? Let's chat.