Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone 12 can't read sim

phyllisschnick6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I phone 12 can't read sim

13 REPLIES 13

@phyllisschnick6 wrote:

thanks computer geek . . . .. .i spoke to virgin two times and they claimed each time that they didn't have a "carrier lock" on. So I guess I'll call them again. . .. .good to know Bell is the parent . . .. thanks again.  . .. . 

You will need to keep contacting them until they unlock it for you.  If there's no success, you're going to have to file a complaint against Virgin with CCTS.

phyllisschnick6

thanks computer geek . . . .. .i spoke to virgin two times and they claimed each time that they didn't have a "carrier lock" on. So I guess I'll call them again. . .. .good to know Bell is the parent . . .. thanks again.  . .. . 

@phyllisschnick6 wrote:

thanks for your reply

not it says "SIM locked to carrier" 

the carrier says it's not locked

though i see the apple literature saying "it might take a couple days" . . . .wow. . . .. so i guess i'll wait 

d

Virgin Mobile is giving you false information. Your phone is locked to Bell.  The SIM not supported message confirms that.  Watiing 2 days won't help because it sounds as if Virgin Mobile never submitted the request to Apple to have the phone unlocked. You will need to contact Virgin again and hopefully you get someone on the line who doesn't repeat the same false information.

phyllisschnick6

bought in canada 2 years ago with virgin - now switching to Public (TELUS)

phyllisschnick6

thanks for your reply

not it says "SIM locked to carrier" 

the carrier says it's not locked

though i see the apple literature saying "it might take a couple days" . . . .wow. . . .. so i guess i'll wait 

d

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

In general about. Does yours say the same?

DFA04BF2-6406-45EE-8799-A2C925982394.jpeg

What country was the phone originally purchased in?

Couldn't agree more 🙂

But that message means locked.

Adding - is this a new to you phone? Or have you accumulated a bunch of information on it? If new then try a factory reset.

And you did check the devicecheck.ca mentioned?

phyllisschnick6

bill paid, not blacklisted 

sim works fine in another phone 

old carrier says it's not locked 

apple says it's not locked 

apple sucks 

phyllisschnick6

rebooted

checked sim again

checked old phone company 

checked apple 

sim works in another phone 

apple sucks 

phyllisschnick6

"SIM Not Supported - The SIM you currently have installed in this IPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy. . . .." etc etc. Previous phone company says it's not locked. . . .. Apple says it's not locked. That was 2 days ago - phone still doesn't work 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@phyllisschnick6   is that a phone you just got it?  Where you got the phone from?  Can the phone read other sim card?

If you just bought the phone, maybe check if the phone is blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

as @computergeek541 says....then reboot phone. 

Is there a specific error message that your phone shows? There's a small chance that the SIM card might not tne aligned properly, so you haven't already, try taking it out and re-inserting.

Need Help? Let's chat.