I paid twice this month

Sally77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nothing. It is a wrong.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sally77 

What is your renewal date? Because August has 31 days and public mobile offers 30-day service possibility exists depending on your billing dates for your credit card that occasionally when there's a 31-day month you can C2 plan cycle charges from Public Mobile on your credit card in one billing month.

For example if you're billing month starts on the 1st of August and ends on the 31st of August and your renewal occurs on the first of August it will renew again in 30 days which would be the 31st of August so you would be charged twice in one month. The opposite is also true if your plan cycle starts on January 31st your next renewal would occur on March 2nd (or March 1st in a leap year) so you could go an entire billing month of your credit card without having any charges from public so technically you're skipping a month.

Are you seeing two public mobile renewal charges on separate dates 30 days apart on your credit card billing statement? If so this is normal and you will not see the the extra payment in your self-serve account balance because it just paid to renew your plan.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If the second payment does get posted to your card it should show up in your available balance, if it doesn't connect with a CSA to resolve that, once it does you can leave it in there to cover your next renewal as people have suggested. which means your card won't get charged again until later November.

Sally77

Thank you for answering my post. I will check my credit card history again.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Does your credit card information (I guess online) show that a transaction has not been fully processed through? Or do you see two fully done authorized transactions and added to your amount owing?

Are you paying for another account here?

Hi @Sally77 if you are worry, open ticket with PM CS agent.  But usually if Payment History only shows once, you are safe

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sally77

But I see an overpayment on my credit card payment history, which is not pending. But I cannot see the overpayment on my public mobile history page. Should I wait for it more time?

Hi @Sally77  Check Payment History in My Account.  If you don't see it there, then PM didn't charge you twice.  Sometimes CC will show both pending charge along the real charge for couple days

Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode. Things might update. Can you provide an image of your payment history from here.

Post a screen shot of recent payment history and someone here can explain what you paid for and when.

Sally77

I cannot see overpay amount on the balance of my account. What should I do?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

How did you pay ?..with vouchers ? Log in to your account. See if the extra funds are there. If so, they'll be used for next renewal (or add-on purchase).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you see amount added to your balance on the account? If so just leave it there for your next renewal. If you had possibly done an immediate plan change then you've in effect paid twice.

Need Help? Let's chat.