cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid and still no service

Celi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

For 3 days now I have no service at all.

I have paid my months plan and still nothing changed.

I followed instructions on your site about removing sim card, waiting 15min then installing again, reporting number as lost then found and nothing.

I restarted my phone and still nothing.

Why have you taken my money and not given me service?

13 REPLIES 13

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Celi wrote:

Account is active. Zero balance. Nothing was changed with plan and moderators aren't very helpful especially the bot.

I'm on day 10 of waiting for mod support. They have made me verify I am the owner twice now but other than that nothing.

I see so it worked for two months and now nothing. If possible try the SIM in another unlocked phone. It could be an antenna issue. It could also be your SIM failing (like mine might be). 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@CeliCan you swap your SIM card with a known working phone to see if it is the problem with the phone?

Also have you tried the Lost / Found and $1 tricks as mentioned before? The moderators might take up to 48 hours + to get back to you.. so try other options and narrow down issues while you wait. Public Mobile users give up on support in order to save a few bucks a month.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Celi as I previously posted, you need to send a private message to a moderator through this link.  A human person will respond to you in aproximately 48 hours and will be able to assist you properly. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Celi

Account is active. Zero balance. Nothing was changed with plan and moderators aren't very helpful especially the bot.

Celi

Account says active, I didn't change my plan everything remained the same.

Paid this month's bill and nothing works 

goldilock

@Celi  I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing. Here is the link to contact a moderator to report the problem. Please note that the average response time is aproximately 48 hours. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@CeliCan you log into your selfserve and screen capture some of your account details? eg You say you had paid, is the balance still sitting there or there is no balance (went to pay for the account). It is quite difficult to decipher what is going on without more information. We are all just normal Public Mobile users here and have no access to your account particulars, at this point we are guessing what is going on with your account.

Celi

It worked fine the first 2 months now nothing.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could as try making a manual top up of a $1.

Try putting your sim in another phone. As a last resort do a factory reset.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Celi wrote:

Hi!

For 3 days now I have no service at all.

I have paid my months plan and still nothing changed.

I followed instructions on your site about removing sim card, waiting 15min then installing again, reporting number as lost then found and nothing.

Why have you taken my money and not given me service?

If you are bringing a phone from another carrier, did you have it unlocked by them so it would work on another carrier? Are you sure the phone is compatible (it should be unless you bought it on eBay or from overseas).

Master2001

He did it.

@Celi  a écrit :

@Celi 

You could try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your plan/SIM card and solves many account issues (like what you describe).

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Master2001

In your account, does it say “Account Status: Active”?

Is it a new account?

Did you change plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.