cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to unlock my S4 . IEMI 359xxxxxxxxx, My LG bit the big one.

FastEddie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to unlock my S4 . IEMI 35936xxxxxxxxxxx, My LG bit the big one. It also says Iemi SV 10, not sure what it is.

6 REPLIES 6

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

All you need to do is call up the company that your phone is locked to and ask them to give you the unlock code, and they'll ask you for the IMEI and they may also ask for your full name and email. Personally, I refuse to do this unless I have to, so I give my first name only.

As it happens, I unlocked my Huawei phone a day or so ago and it was with Bell, the online rep wanted to know everything I mentioned above and said if it makes me more comfortable I can call, so I called Bell (not due to comfortability but because the rep was irritating me, not her fault, she only reads a script), and the guy on the phone wanted the same details. I gave him my name and then he asked for my email to get the code, I said I could just write the code down on my computer and he skeptically said "ok".

I popped my PM sim card into the phone and used the code, and it was then unlocked.

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Open an online chat session at Samsung.ca and the rep will give you the unlock code in a few minutes for free.

raggabless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to a previous carier and I believe is free to unlock phones now.

@hairbag1 wrote:

You'll have to contact the previous service provider and ask for an unlock code. Alternatively, you can buy one on eBay. Good luck.

Before buying you can try the phone manufacture. Their online chat is pretty good and reasonably quick. But go with the previous carrier/carrier who supplied the phone first as mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FastEddie:

Apparently Samsung has an online chat service that they give you an unlock code for the phone.

Either that or go to the original provider of the phone and get them to give it to you. And it shouldn't cost anything.

Edit: SV is apparently a software version number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You'll have to contact the previous service provider and ask for an unlock code. Alternatively, you can buy one on eBay. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.