cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to leave Canada for two months, will I lose my rewards?

jmbits
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the old rewards program, and I have the 15 plan (which ends up being around 11 thanks to autopay, 1 year loyalty, and my friend referral).

I need to stop paying for two months.

So, just wondering, will I lose on my loyalty rewards when I come back? Will I lose my number?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Thanks for the info @mimmo  and @esjliv 

@esjliv  , So, there will be no delay in Loyalty if the suspension was less than 60 days.  Good to know

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @mimmo   just to clarify.  If an account is suspended for 2 months, the Loyal reward increase will also delayed by 2 months, right? Other than that, it won't have any effect to loyalty, right/

@hTideGnow  I presume this could mean over 60 consecutive days, or accumulative suspended days in your anniversary year.

esjliv_0-1652903880297.png

So presumably you could suspend for 10 days, 6 times a year (for example) and still get loyalty as scheduled without delay. Not sure reasons for doing that, but who knows. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @mimmo   just to clarify.  If an account is suspended for 2 months, the Loyal reward increase will also delayed by 2 months, right? Other than that, it won't have any effect to loyalty, right/

yes that is my understanding.  

JL9
Mayor / Maire

No, but make sure if the trip is extended longer than you thought, you stay on top of it and make a payment between the 2-3 month mark, that will buy you another 90 days.

jmbits
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good to know! Thanks.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jmbits 

You will not lose your rewards or number. You have 90 days from your renewal date to make a payment, otherwise your account will be closed automatically. It is always advisable to make a payment around day 85 in case something goes wrong.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No. You can have an expired account (unpaid) for upto 90. In that time pay and you are good to go. Pass 90 days and your account is deleted.

If you turn off autopay you will not renew and lose the reward for that month . 

Need Help? Let's chat.