cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to freeze my account

Noclaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be out of the country for few months I need to freeze my account to keep my sim card and number but it seems to be impossible to speak with anyone and there is no such option online. just the stupid boot that keeps saying the same in a loop. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Halazakeya123- 

In your situation, you would have had fortunate timing in the sense that if your a account had been in suspension for 90  days, the account closure mentioned earlier would have still applied. The most recent renew date up until that time musf have aided you as you would have been dangerously close to losing your account and phone number.

Halazakeya123-
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did that for 3 months outside of CANADA . When come back everything was Ok.  

@Noclaf   enjoy your holiday. 

Please note that PM will be sending you text about the Dec giveaway in the next couple days and you need to reply YES2 to the text.  So, reply the text before your trip

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/holiday

Noclaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is actually brilliant, thank you

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Noclaf hi just disable your pre authorized payment and let your account suspend you have 90 days to make a payment before it closes permanently 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Noclaf 

Yes, you can "freeze" your account , but you have to do it yourself at My Account.

PM  allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed and you will loss the number

So, your option is to temporary suspend the account and reactivate for 30 days before the 90 days deadline

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1.  First, change plan to $15 plan (to reduce the cost to keep you number)
  2.  Then disable pre-Authorized payment from Payment page
  3.  On the next renewal date, since pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.   
          Make note of that day 1 of the suspension date
  4.  VERY IMPORTANT.   Come back at around 85th days after the first date of the suspension to make a manual payment to renew the account for 30 days.  You have changed to $15 plan, so, it will just cost you $15 for those 30 days.  After you make the payment, make sure you see clearly that the account status is changed to ACTIVE.  If not, you will either have to open ticket with PM support or come and seek help here
  5.  Make note of that date, again, the account will be active for 30 days only and will be suspended again after the 30 days.  Make note of the date it got suspended again
  6.  As autopay is disabled, it won't renew after those 30 days.
        I hope you will be back by then. You just need to change the plan back to the one you want and then reactivate
       If you still not back to Canada by the end of that 90 days, then come back NO LATER than 85th date and repeat from step 4 again
Need Help? Let's chat.