Did you mean: 

I need help

CarmenCrowell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My spouse has passed away & I would to switch his account to my account

7 REPLIES 7

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry for your loss, condolences to you, @CarmenCrowell.

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello, the only way to do this is by following the two steps below:

1. Take your current number and port it to another provider like lucky mobile. Port to the cheapest possible plan (15$).

2. Once that is complete, port that number once again into your late husbands account.

Voilà! You now worked around the public mobile problem of them not helping you. It takes a little effort but it's possible!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CarmenCrowell 

I am sorry for your loss. I know this is a difficult time for you. A little more information on your intention to change accounts will help us advise you further. You may also want to keep both accounts and just suspend the extra account for up to 89/90 days and reactivate for 30 days and suspend again in case you need the account to access online accounts that require 2FA verification. I have explained this in other posts to customers in your same position and how this can be helpful over the next few months or even years.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-to-cancel-deceased-husband-s-account/...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cancel-service/m-p/885133/highlight/true#...

Edit:

Feel free to contact me via private message if you need further advice and whether or not it is possible to switch accounts or transfer your phone number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Terrible and very sad news. Sorry for your loss.

You cannot switch accounts. What you can do is take over his account - update credit card info, keep his number and close your account. If you want to keep your number but have his rewards (if any) - that cannot be done.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CarmenCrowell   sorry for your lost

if you need your wife account but need to swap number, I am afraid you cannot do it.  PM has not been helping to swap number for some time

But if you are willing to use her phone number, then you can just use it and cancel your own account

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Sorry for your loss.

Each account is a separate account. If someone wishes to take over the account, they can do so within his account as long as you have his username (email address) and password.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Oh my. So sorry to hear your news. And now you're here dealing with a phone service.

I'm not sure what your intentions are though. You both have accounts here? Is it just about the number? Are either or both accounts on the rewards system? Is either account carrying a balance?

Adding - I ask because you could just let one account drop off and carry on with the other.

Need Help? Let's chat.