cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help disabling international roaming

MichaelGong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m traveling to US today. And I want to disable international roaming (no phone call, text or data), how do I manage to do that?

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @MichaelGong 

Before you signed up for Public Mobile, I'm sure you did your due diligence of what Public Mobile offers. Yes? 

With that being said, Public Mobile is a PRE PAID service. You PAY for the services you want. If you didn't pay for service in the US, you don't get service in the US. It can't be made any simpler than that. You MAY continue to receive text messages as those are at no charge, but you will not be able to reply or receive/make calls. You MAY receive iMessages IF you are connected to WiFi. There is no charge for that because you're on WiFi. It's that simple.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @MichaelGong don't worry, PM is prepaid, you won't be able to accidentally use the roaming service , wont have additional unexpected charges from it

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelGong PM is prepaid, you won't get charged extra. People who need roaming need to buy roaming addon ahead 

but it you like to turn off, to to Settings, Connection, Mobile Data, disabling roaming is around that screen 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MichaelGong if you're looking to do this so that you do not incur any additional costs there is no need as PM is a prepaid service, they will only give you access to what you have already paid for. But if you really wanted to you should be able to go into your Cellular settings and turn off Cellular Data or if you put your phone in Airplane mode you will not receive any calls or texts

Need Help? Let's chat.