cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need access to my old sim card

Wug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I shared a message last time about my sim card not working with public mobile because of my transfer. Unfortunately it didn’t go through and Koodo gave me a temporary number. I want old number back, but I need to receive another text message from public mobile first on my old number before I can transfer that number to koodo. What are my options to resolve it? 

9 REPLIES 9

Wug

Yes I will do that, thank you

@Wug   again Koodo can get the phone number from PM without the text, it is all internal within Telus system.  Call Koodo , tell them what happen and ask them to escalate.   

Wug

I went to Koodo, and got the new plan. I kept getting an message from public mobile for porting even though I wrote yes. The porting did not go through and Koodo had to close for the day. They asked me to come back again if I need help. The next day my sim card for pm stopped working after I texted yes to another port message.  I went to koodo today for further support. They gave me a temporary number and said they will send another text to port my old number. But now I cannot get service on my pm account and neither can I login

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Wug wrote:

Unfortunately it was deleted and I couldn’t access my account. I’ll give Koodo another call though

If it is deleted then where is your number then??? Did you lose it completely? But be ready for losing your old number if even PM SIM is not working anymore. Being the same company Koodo might be able to find and assign you your old number (from the pool of unassigned numbers).

It will be helpful to hear from you how your transfer worked.

Wug

Unfortunately it was deleted and I couldn’t access my account. I’ll give Koodo another call though

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

For porting BOTH accounts have to be active. If you tried to port and it did not work then check your account if it is still active.

If account is not active anymore then most likely it was deleted during porting. But if it is still active and SIM is working then initiate porting at Koodo side again and keep PM SIM in a phone, reply Yes within 90 min on SMS from PM.

You can even talk to Koodo support and since both companies are under same owner they might be able to help you out to transfer number.

Wug

Thanks, I will do that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Wug   Both Koodo and PM are owned by Telus.  Porting between them is more an internal transfer and they can do it without the text

Please call Koodo support back and tell them the situation, they should be able to transfer the old number without the sms text.  Or you can ask them to escalate 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Wug wrote:

I shared a message last time about my sim card not working with public mobile because of my transfer. Unfortunately it didn’t go through and Koodo gave me a temporary number. I want old number back, but I need to receive another text message from public mobile first on my old number before I can transfer that number to koodo. What are my options to resolve it? 

Contact PM customer service for help 

Need Help? Let's chat.