Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a puk code to unlock my sim

shaniaheathen07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your device locked to a previous carrier? You can ask them to unlock it for you. However, if your phone is asking for your SIM's PIN, try 1234.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@shaniaheathen07 

I agree with @geopublic on this. Call your previous provider and have them unlock your phone. Or if its a Samsung you can contact Samsung Canada and have them unlock it. Most of the cases I have seen this is the issue, not the SIM card, 

If your phone is newer than 2017 and bought in Canada it will not be locked by any Canadian providers. 

Have a great day!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shaniaheathen07  Are your sure it's the SIM and not your phone that needs to be unlocked? Public Mobile does not lock sim cards.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shaniaheathen07  if this is a new activation and the first time you inserted your sim into the phone. It asked for a Sim unlock puk code. Then your phones locked to your previous provider. Ask them to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you. 

If you locked yourself out and it asked for a puk code.  Then contact the moderators and ask them for it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@shaniaheathen07   The default SIM PIN is 1234.  What message are you getting?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@shaniaheathen07 It's unlikely you need a SIM PUK. Exactly what message do you get when rebooting with the SIM installed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.