cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I moved from QC to AB

Savannah04
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ioved from QC to AB does Public mobile cover AB. I have no phone do I have to buy a new SIM card?

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Savannah04 

Yes you will need a PM SIM, quicker to pick one up at the local Telus/ Koodo store. Ordering a SIM from PM may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

In general yes but depending on where in Alberta.

Here is the PM coverage map:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Savannah04 

you looking to get Canada-wide plan it's will be working any where in canada.

if you have plan in here,then change the area code to be the tax different.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Savannah04  But of course if you are not a PM customers now, get a sim card from local Telus and Koodo store, get a phone , then you can activate online and pick a new number  🙂

@Savannah04 wrote:

Ioved from QC to AB does Public mobile cover AB. I have no phone do I have to buy a new SIM card?

Yes, Public Mobile covers most of Alberta. Are you already a Public Mobile customer (but just need a new phone)?  SIM cards are sold for $10 and Public Mobile also sells used/certified pre-owned phones.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Savannah04 Hi do you have an account with public If not you have to buy a new Sim card and activate it and yes they do cover Alberta 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Savannah04   Yes, PM has coverage in AB

are you existing customer?   if so, you can keep using the same SIM card, same phone and same phone number.  Except that you might want to change to an AB number for 2 reason. 

1. Your friends in AB can then call a AB number without worry about Long distance charges (although it is very common people have Canada wide calling now, but some landline might still need to pay LD). 

2. Also, the tax is charged based on the area code it belongs to.  So, getting a AB phone number will lower your tax.     But if you want to keep your phone number, you can still buy Voucher (will be charge AB rate)  and load the voucher to pay for renewal

Need Help? Let's chat.