cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm asked too often to change password.

balanced_budget
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, Public Mobile/Telus, quit making me change the password to my account.

28 REPLIES 28

@balanced_budget we are a community here and try so hard to help others out. At the end of the day its difficult to solve some of these issues especially when I cant just sit down with you on a park bench and navigate through your phone and solve this issue. Many things get lost in communication through text. 

Have a wonderful day and I really hope that you are able to figure this out. Maybe look through Reddit forums to see if people that have just bought the same phone as you are having this issue. 

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@balanced_budget 

How about that screen cap that everyone's been asking for? We're all wondering what exactly you're seeing and where. Blank out personal info of course.

balanced_budget

Gee, I don't know what to say anymore. You've all tried to be so helpful. Maybe I'll have better luck now. I don't want to spend anymore money than I already have. Everybody have a great day, thanks for the replies and keep healthy.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@balanced_budgetif you are like me and have fat finger syndrome. Use a stylus (back of a pen/ chopstick etc) and tap each entry individually. Then you shouldn't have to change your password that much. 

fujiyama

@balanced_budget 

Can you take a screenshot of the page/pop-up that is asking you to change your password, and post it here?

Curious to see if that can provide some clues to this peculiar problem.

@balanced_budget, have you tried MalwareBytes? For some strange reason, I never have seen this before either, but maybe you have some weird stuff going behind the scenes that you are not aware of things. 

In theory, at least you know the system is working because somebody is trying to hack into your account! 

I have used Malwarebytes for my Mac and PC. For some strange reason, I have a paid version for the PC that was once $25, and the Mac version is free. For whatever reason, it's been jacked up. Dang software developers! 

Pawprints1986

I've only been a member since March 27, but have yet to run into this... 

Could it be possible there's some sort of virus or malware on your device? 

Also rest assured 85% is plenty of battery, unless that was a typo 😉

balanced_budget

Okay, thanks, maybe I'll try this if still have this issue in the future.

@balanced_budget wrote:

I have only one device with an Internet connection.

You may want to contact a moderator (PM representative) about your pw issues.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”.

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”.

Step 6: Create your ticket.

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

balanced_budget

I have only one device with an Internet connection.

balanced_budget

Not interested in hiring a manager or sharing my passwords with anything, thank you.

fdrcamb519

@balanced_budget 

First of all welcome to Public Mobile, glad you solved, password, something to help members is, 

• Put every password in a password manager. It’s much harder to know when it’s time to update a password when you have no idea how many accounts you have. You should collect all of your accounts in one safe place. A password manager like LastPass stores all your passwords in a vault, where they’re organized and encrypted for safekeeping. 

@balanced_budget wrote:

As if that wasn't enough, when I do change the password, Pacific Mobile/Telus throws up the same page again asking me to go through the change password process again.

Is this happening on different devices when trying to log in or just your phone?

balanced_budget

As if that wasn't enough, when I do change the password, Pacific Mobile/Telus throws up the same page again asking me to go through the change password process again.

balanced_budget

Shouldn't be necessary. 

@balanced_budget wrote:

Telus probably want that I change my email address from the one that I have to something more local or what everybody else here has. I know how to key in passwords.

Next time you log in. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

balanced_budget

Telus probably want that I change my email address from the one that I have to something more local or what everybody else here has. I know how to key in passwords.

@balanced_budget try entering the password slowly like I do, one letter  at a time and look at what you are entering. Stay safe.  

balanced_budget

Thanks for the replies. Have to go. Battery down to 85 percent.

balanced_budget

At the account login page I fill in my email address and password and too often than not my login is rejected and the only way that I can get in is to change my password.

balanced_budget

I have a brand new Nokia 2.1 from London Drugs, Vancouver who set up the Pacific Mobile account on 24 March 2020 when I bought the phone. Nothing new installed. I don't store passwords.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@balanced_budget  maybe your hitting it by accident. I notice when Im on my phone I fat finger it and accidently hit forgot password. 

@balanced_budget 

Do you use Chrome browser by chance?

Is it a message like this.

191211112617-20191210-keyword-blog-breach-detection-super-tease.jpg

This is a new update in Chrome that will tell your password is unsafe (not Public Mobile password) I think google password. I'm not sure exactly as I did not read it all. Maybe it's something like this you're getting?

See link below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/11/tech/google-chrome-password-trnd/index.html

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Never even once I was warned or asked. Are you sure you don't have some pswd manager installed? 

balanced_budget

When I try to log into my account.

BearFBI

@balanced_budget Where are you exactly getting this message that you need to change your password? is it a txt message? a email? a message on Public Mobiles website?

balanced_budget

I don't store passwords. What phone setting?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile does not ask this. I've never had this in over two years. 

Maybe it's a phone setting? Google password stored possibly?

Need Help? Let's chat.