cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my sim card

ppminh46
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I accidentally got lost my sim card. Is there any ways that I can get a new sim card with the same number I used before? Thank you so much!

17 REPLIES 17

@JunJun 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JunJun

But when I tried to login to my account , it asked me for the verification code that sent to my lost phone. I just can't login to my account. 

Zuz

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it :]

@Zuz wrote:

Yes, it is still opened - so when I purchase a new one I just go to Change SIM card in my account, fill up a new Sim number and than it's good to go? 

Yes. That's really all there is to it.  If your account is in suspension, a payment will be need to be made to pay for the plan.  If you've enabled the lost/stolen phone option, you will need to disablet that.

Zuz

Yes, it is still opened - so when I purchase a new one I just go to Change SIM card in my account, fill up a new Sim number and than it's good to go? 

@Zuz wrote:

I lost my SIM card as well. Did you please manage to get a new one and keep the same number?

As long as your Public Mobile account is still open, you can keep your number, but you will need to purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card.

Zuz

Hello, 

I lost my SIM card as well. Did you please manage to get a new one and keep the same number?

Thanks Zuzi

@ppminh46 wrote:

Got it! Thank you! So i just need to tell a seller that i need to buy 1 sim card $10 right?

Go to Telus or Koodo store to buy PM sim card, don't go to Rogers or Bell, etc. stores, because their sim card doesn't work for PM.

Keep in mind that it's only corporate Telus and Koodo stores that sell these sims. Not just any store with the branding.

ppminh46

Got it! Thank you! So i just need to tell a seller that i need to buy 1 sim card $10 right?

@ppminh46 if your account is still active or just suspended and you can login My Account,  then YES 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@ppminh46 

You keep your phone number unless you allowed your account services to go 90 days without payment and your account is canceled and deactivated. You just need to perform a Sim swap in your account. Make sure you have access to your email to recieve the 2FA verification code. If you don't have access to a desktop or laptop you must get customer support to perform the Sim swap for you.

If you are in the GTA you can purchase a pm Sim cards from Canadian Cell Supplies for $5 with quick shipping or arrange pick up. 5 business day free shipping via Canada Post across Canada.

ppminh46

Thank you! So am i able to choose my old phone number?

Yes, @ppminh46 

Just MAKE SURE you do not go through the activation process as you'll end up creating another whole account and you won't be able to move your prior number to that new account.

Only use the Change SIM card function available through your self-serve portal to do this.  Recommend doing this using a desktop or laptop device when you've acquired the SIM card.

Here's a store locator to help you find one - might be worth calling them first to ensure they have Public Mobile SIM cards in stock:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

@ppminh46 wrote:

So you mean i can just order a new public mobile sim card then do some step in my account to get my phone number back right?

Yes, you just need login your account and change sim card number to the new one. 

ppminh46

So you mean i can just order a new public mobile sim card then do some step in my account to get my phone number back right?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ppminh46 

Get a sim card from local Telus or Koodo store or get it from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R6P5KBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AD2L5SKHPCC6Q&psc=1

Please note if you order the sim from PM online, it could take long to deliver, as many as 3 weeks

Once you got the sim card, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

After you logged in, unsuspend first if you have suspended your service earlier.

Then click Quick Links on the top right and select Change Sim card and follow the steps:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Need Help? Let's chat.