cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just ordered a new SIM 2 weeks ago and there is now promotion of a free SIM

Ginger_Lime
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just venting...  I am going to activate the SIM this weekend.

I know it's non-refundable, but is there any way that I can get a $10 credit?

(Just like price guarantee program at stores) 

7 REPLIES 7

Ginger_Lime
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for listing all the link for contacting the agent!
I was able to contact them and they were able to credit back as one-time exception.

The agent was super helpful 🙂

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's life - sometimes you win sometimes you don't ---You can at least now  order a free Sim as a spare.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Ginger_Lime , to be fair to the merchant, which stores have price guarantee without some form of return policy?  The price guarantee is really a mechanism to prevent a customer from returning a previous purchase and then repurchasing at the lower price.  

There is always a limited period for price guarantee. Costco and Princess Auto have 2 weeks.  We all know that these 2 stores have great return policy   They don't give you price adjustment after 2 weeks.  But people can return the item and repurchase at a lower price.  Both these 2 stores do not require the purchase receipt as their computer has the record of your purchase.  But don't return your purchase after using the item for 2 years!

For the posts suggestion to ask for refund of SIM card, it is just like buying a lottery ticket.  If you don't have a ticket, you will never win.  I know, I know, my lottery ticket example is not quite apply here.  But it is closed enough.  Sorry.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ginger_Lime , to be fair to the merchant, which stores have price guarantee without some form of return policy?  The price guarantee is really a mechanism to prevent a customer from returning a previous purchase and then repurchasing at the lower price.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It never hurts to ask an agent but do not expect any refund or credit.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ginger_Lime   It doesn't hurt to ask CSA.  When I bought my SIM some time ago, it went on sale and the CSA credited me back $5 on my account. 

Worst they can say is no and the best is they credit you back $5 or $10.

You can contact an agent using the chatbot.  Type "agent" and click contact us to go through the wizard.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If for some reason they don't respond to the ticket, you can try to send an email directly to the CS Agent here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is a help article about how to contact the CS Agent.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ginger_Lime 

not likely. ...but you can get a second sim for free if you want. Get the 2nd sim and gift it to your friend or family who wants to save money on their cell bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.