cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been overcharged!

kumalisa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up my account a few weeks ago; I had great difficulty then creating my account but the Public team was able to help. However, there was also some concern expressed about being overcharged. This is to confirm that I have indeed been overcharged. If you cannot, I will advise my credit card company.

15 REPLIES 15

kumalisa

No, not sorted out yet. They said they would open an investigation which would take 48 hours. I'm still waiting for an answer. 

Mom2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried everything playing w it for days now what a disaster when overcharged a need money back 😱

@kumalisa wrote:

Why would my service get suspended if they overcharged me? 

@kumalisa   just want to see if you account is all sorted out now?

@Mom2023  you confirmed with your CC that one of the 2 charges not a pending charge instead?

if they both are real charge, please open ticket with support via message

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Mom2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here how frustrating I was double charged  too 

kumalisa

Why would my service get suspended if they overcharged me? 

@kumalisa reply and ask them to investigate.  

Please do not try to ask the bank to make a charge back.  There are multiple charges, and if the amount charged back is toe to your current PM account, your service will got suspended immediatel.   It will take lots of effort to resume the service and bring the account back to good standing.  So, ask support to investigate and work with them 

kumalisa

Nope. Still not resolved. The CSR indicates "Check with the bank to see if the money returned in your accounts well. Please let me know if you need me to open a payment investigation, and please do let me know the amount for which we need look and return it on the credit card registered on your account.". 

Really frustrating. They know the issue. They know the amount. This is ridiculous.

kumalisa

Brilliant @hairbag1

That worked perfectly! I now have a CSA that is going to (hopefully) resolve this issue!

@kumalisa 

start a conversation with a CSA to get this serious issue sorted out...then let us know how you resolved...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kumalisa 

You’re welcome 🙂

Use the second option in the contact information provided.

Private message to a CS_agent seems to work better.

kumalisa

Merci! Thanks for sharing this. I have checked this option, but it only indicates one payment. There are definitely two payments for this on my credit card. 

kumalisa

Thank you for this great information. It is definitely a double charge, not a pending charged. I have tried for two days to create a ticket; keep getting Error 404 so can't do much.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kumalisa 

log in to yuor account on a laptop and use incognito mode..then check out Payment history to confirm.

added pic

paid.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kumalisa 

whatever you do, do not process a chargeback with your credit card company yet.

If you do that, public mobile will  remove the opportunity for you to use credit card to pay for services here.

Firstly, ensure you’re not seeing ‘pending charges’ on your credit card, which may not settle too payable charges.

Secondly, check the payment tab in your Public Mobile account to make sure you are indeed charged twice and the amount that you believe is in excess is not showing in you’re available funds, which can be used like a savings for a future renewal.

ADDING: @kumalisa  if you truly believe you have been overcharged, and the amount is not sitting in your available funds for future use, then definitely contact a Public Mobile customer support agent to have them investigate:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.