cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have available funds, but I can't use data

JJHL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Capture2.JPG

I have available funds. But I can't use data. What should I do?

16 REPLIES 16

Have you not received the 2GB Christmas gift from PM or have you received it and used it all up as well?

People make the mistake of attempting to buy the add on without first having added the funds (remember, PM is Prepaid, not Postpaid). They are then directed to add funds if they didn't already have enough available. Once they have added enough funds they think they are done but now they need to go select the add on that they wanted.

AE_Collector

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JJHL wrote:

Thank you. But the chat is only a bot. How can I make them renew my plan now?

@JJHL 

When you use the chatbot, it won't renew your plan right away like you expect. What it does is help you send a ticket to a CS Agent who will renew the plan for you. But that will take some time.

So if you need the data immediately, it's better to go to the Buy Add-ons page and make the purchase now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JJHL i would properly buy the 1gb addon for $15. it is quicker and no need to contact PM for help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JJHL wrote:

@JJHL 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JJHL wrote:

Thanks. That's what I did. I bought a data add-on. But I don't know how it can be applied.

@JJHL    Sounds like you just added the funds but didn't take the second step to purchase the data add-on.  You need to go back to the add-ons page and purchase your add-on and it should be available immediately under My Data/Add-ons.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JJHL wrote:

Thanks. That's what I did. I bought a data add-on. But I don't know how it can be applied.

@JJHL 

After you buy it, it should appear in your overview page and just works.

Reboot your phone .

@JJHL buying addon is a 2 steps process. you have enough fund now, you can go back and purchase addon now

JJHL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JJHL wrote:

I received a text message from Public Mobile that I used up all my data. So I paid to add more. But I still can't use data. Do I have to do something else to apply it?

@JJHL 

do you want to purchase Add-ons, or here the gifts do you getting

[Update] More is Merrier is back! (publicmobile.ca)

Here How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-ServeAccount

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

@JJHL 

Use the chat bubble and have a CSA renew your plan early, if your renewal date is near.

I think it might be cheaper to do that instead of buying a data add on.

But that's just me 😊

JJHL

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JJHL wrote:

I received a text message from Public Mobile that I used up all my data. So I paid to add more. But I still can't use data. Do I have to do something else to apply it?

@JJHL 

You can buy a data addon  $15/1GB if you want. Go to the Buy add-ons page an make the purchase.

Or you can renew the plan now but you need to contact CS to do it for you:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JJHL 

do you try to Purchase Add-Ons ?

JJHL

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JJHL your renewal day is not up yet.  you cannot early renew yourself,  you will need to open ticket with PM to have them renew early for you

or you can buy thr $15 data addon

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JJHL wrote:

Capture2.JPG

I have available funds. But I can't use data. What should I do?

@JJHL 

Have you checked your account to see if you have any data left?

Need Help? Let's chat.