cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Iphone 11 that I can't connect with Data?

RickAA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 3g data program with Public Mobile but can't seem to connect to the internet or download images. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RickAA  - if this has nothing to do with your version you have installed...

1-ensure you have data left on your account by checking your overview area on your self serve account,

2-ensure you have your data option turn on in the settings of your device

3-if still issues perform a reset of your network settings - 

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

You could also try your SIM into another compatible phone to rule out a phone issue or see if this is possible network related.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If all other services are working (calls/texts) then it is certainly the beta version of iOS.

After you downgrade to previous version.

Turn off automatic iOS upgrade

1. Open the Settings app and scroll down to the General tab.
  2. Tap on Software Update. Tap on Software Update in General. Steven John/Insider.
  3. Tap Automatic Updates. Tap on Automatic Updates. ...
  4. Tap on the Install iOS Updates toggle switch to turn it off.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @RickAA 

maybe you use all data then is will be stop until next renewal cycle,

if your IOS 15.4, then try downgrade iOS,
How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RickAA 

Check you current IOS update in your phone. If it is IOS 15.4 beta, remove 15.4 beta and install the public IOS 15.3. See if that works.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RickAA   are you on 15.4 beta, if so, it is a known issue and you have to downgrade it back

more details about how to downgrade:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/No-internet-cellular-data-on-iPhone-with-...

@RickAA wrote:

I have a 3g data program with Public Mobile but can't seem to connect to the internet or download images. Any suggestions?

I have read that some users are having issues with iOS beat 15.4 and the downgrading to an earlier stable release fixes some of these issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.