cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have a public mobile number, but they charge me $439.57

BowenYao1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I don't have public mobile, but my bank account sent me a notification that I was charged $439.57.

I am on a fido account; fido told me they did not cooperate with public mobile.

I don't even have a public mobile number, so I cannot send a ticket to customer service.

Is my bank account information stolen?

Can I get back my lost money?

Best,

Bowen

13 REPLIES 13

@BowenYao1 

it seems like someone has your card credentials... be careful!

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Did you verify your account? Perhaps a spam alert? Lots of spamming going on right know. 

BowenYao1

😐

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like $389+13% tax. My recent handset purchase showed up as SP Public Mobile. Haven't had a direct charge in a few months so not sure what the monthly fees charge as.

BowenYao1

thanks for your suggestion

@BowenYao1   $430.57 is $389 + tax.  

If it is service, it is too big the charge PM will charge you, maybe as @computergeek541  suggested, this is a charge for the phone?  Any chance your family member used your card to get a phone?

If you are sure it is not your family, please open ticket with PM support by messaging them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@BowenYao1 wrote:

Hi guys,

I don't have public mobile, but my bank account sent me a notification that I was charged $439.57.

I am on a fido account; fido told me they did not cooperate with public mobile.

I don't even have a public mobile number, so I cannot send a ticket to customer service.

Is my bank account information stolen?

Can I get back my lost money?

As you're not a Pubic Mobile customer (or Telus or Koodo) and you're certain that you haven't given permission to anyone recently to make this purchase, contact your bank and file a chargeback.  If you have no busisness relationship with Public Mobile, there isn't any reason to contact them.

BowenYao1

BowenYao1_0-1669671128407.jpeg

@softech wrote:

@BowenYao1   it likely not a Public Mobile charge. Public Mobile likely won't charge you such a big amount

What is the vendor name showing on your credit card transaction? do you mind to post a screenshot?

This would appear to be a charged for a $389 CPO phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@BowenYao1 

Your cc may have been used fraudulently to purchase a phone from Public Mobile. 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@BowenYao1 i would definately change my banking paswords you can contact customer service 

private message them  here

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BowenYao1   it likely not a Public Mobile charge. Public Mobile likely won't charge you such a big amount

What is the vendor name showing on your credit card transaction? do you mind to post a screenshot?

Need Help? Let's chat.