cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't answer an unknown number yesterday @ 10:23 so it went to voicemail for 17 minutes?

Greg_R844
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

I was just looking through the changes that have been sprung upon us (a little heads up would've been nice) and I noticed a call to 1 (705) 780-4001 aka voicemail @ 10:23 for 17 minutes. I never got a notification that there was a message left and even if there was.. 17 minutes seems very excessive.  I just dialed my voicemail and it says I have no new messages so my question is.. what is this 17 minutes usage from? Is it maybe a glitch in the transfer over to the updated system?

Thanks in advance for any/all help regarding this bizarre call usage.

8 REPLIES 8

Greg_R844

@hTideGnow  what's a landline... lol  😛

Greg_R844

@computergeek541  People leaving a message doesn't use up plan minutes? This is good to know, I always assumed it did. Thanks!

HI @Bob4 not sure if it is really a 17 mins VM.. you can check when you are on a landline.  But I guess it's ok as long as it does not eat up your outbound mins 

@Bob4 wrote:

This has just begun happening to me as well. I have never dialed this number and it is not my voice mail number in Barrie either.  I keep getting a repeat notification every day with no record of a call being made in my history There is definitely something wrong

Dialing this number isn't ncessary for this to be in your online call details.  Please be aware that people leavig your messages doens't use up any of your plan minutes (but listening to them by using your cell phone does).

@Bob4- There's a backdoor method for leaving a voicemail. Why one would bother is beyond me. I still don't understand all the Fedex and DHL and Chinese recordings. Why? Ok, once again yes the line is still alive. Why are they interested to repeatedly wanting to know that?

Bob4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This has just begun happening to me as well. I have never dialed this number and it is not my voice mail number in Barrie either.  I keep getting a repeat notification every day with no record of a call being made in my history There is definitely something wrong

Greg_R844

I did not call voicemail yesterday. I actually didn't make any calls yesterday at all which was why I looked into what the 17 minute call was. I didn't think a 17 minute voicemail call was possible either.. especially when there was no message in my voicemail when I checked earlier today!  😉

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Greg_R844   I don't think you can leave a 17 mins VM 🤣

did you call the voicemail yourself around that time?  If not, I guess someone was testing the system.

Need Help? Let's chat.